• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Revolution Disc Golf Bags

Wow, blast from the past. My first legit DG bag was a Carolina with Quads. Used it for quite a while, gave it to my bro-in-law and he used it up until last year. Amazing bags back then. Not so sure about those price points on the Carolina and the Mini, though. They better be the most durable bag with a no questions asked full lifetime warranty so you don't ever have to buy a bag again.

I had the deluxe mini and Carolina bags back in the day. I hope they did something different than the single elastic strap across the bottom of the bottle holders this time around.

I had the deluxe mini and Carolina bags back in the day. I hope they did something different than the single elastic strap across the bottom of the bottle holders this time around.

RIGHT??! OMG this is so annoying, and I keep forgetting to stitch on another one until something falls thru and then forget again when the round is over.
I've started using carabiners on whatever I put in there and attach them to the quad strap connectors. It works ok but gets in the way of the zipper sometimes and you can't attach one to a Dasani bottle.

Since 2008 I have had this bad boy! No longer use it since I got a Pound Octothorpe in 2019. These Revolution Carolinas were made so well that this bag could easily last me another 10-20 years. Hands down the best bags that used quad shocks.

135860288_710912256293143_6263892699766142713_o.jpg

Since we're posting pics, here's my baby. I just realized that all of my aces have come while carrying this bag, despite infrequent use for almost 6 years after my wife got me a Grip.

i was able to confirm I got this bag in 2006, so it's a teenager now. :thmbup:

picture.php

Yup They changed it! The bottom of the bottles holders is now all fabric with a grommet drain hole in the middle.
I'm really impressed with all three of these bags so far!

All these pictures are hitting me with the nostalgia feels. I've probably had around 10 different backpack bags since the Carolina but I just like the look of the old quad bags. May have to get one for funsies. Mine was deep purple and grey but I had to upgrade to a Mahal (which I also wish Id never got rid of). Maybe Mystery Ranch will retro that again one day:p

doth,

Checking out your unboxing of the Revo bags, and having had a few of their bags in the past, including the Carolina, I believe they used to describe the rubber bottom material as 'two layers of truck vinyl'. fwiw

Can someone tell me if the drink holders sag with an insulated 32 oz water bottle? I'm eyeing the mini, but they drink pockets look flimsy.

I have one, but honestly I have not used it much. For me it was just awkward to use, putter pockets almost unusable. I actually took the plastic disc rack out of it and use it in my Innova Standard Bag.

Can someone tell me if the drink holders sag with an insulated 32 oz water bottle? I'm eyeing the mini, but they drink pockets look flimsy.

A small amount, but not enough to notice too much imo. I took the plastic holder out of the mini, but I'm not sure if that really impacts the drink holders or not. Overall a great bag, although I did end up replacing the strap (got a Tom Bihn heavy duty strap). I use one of the side pockets as my putter pouch, with three discs total in there.

A small amount, but not enough to notice too much imo. I took the plastic holder out of the mini, but I'm not sure if that really impacts the drink holders or not. Overall a great bag, although I did end up replacing the strap (got a Tom Bihn heavy duty strap). I use one of the side pockets as my putter pouch, with three discs total in there.

Ahh cool, I love Tom Bihn! I have a s25 that I use all the time. What strap did you use to upgrade?
I'm looking for a small disc golf bag to compliment that s25 on trips. Something like the grip g series or the revo mini that's probably small enough to count as a personal item and my backpack as a carry on. I used to have a g series and it seemed obvious till seeing this bag.

Ahh cool, I love Tom Bihn! I have a s25 that I use all the time. What strap did you use to upgrade?
I'm looking for a small disc golf bag to compliment that s25 on trips. Something like the grip g series or the revo mini that's probably small enough to count as a personal item and my backpack as a carry on. I used to have a g series and it seemed obvious till seeing this bag.

I went with the "Absolute Shoulder Strap" - a bit steep at $30, but if you're a fan of TB then you already know the quality you're getting!

I actually have the G-series in addition to the Revo Mini! I'll share my thoughts on both and then recommend a third option. I tend to use the G as my putter only bag. I attached a Towch that sits on the back, and I carry 9 putters total, and 1 Rask (super thin) in the front disc flap. Great bag overall, and it's perfect for my putter rounds at a shorter course nearby.

Revo Mini - definitely more versatile, especially if you take the plastic piece out of the main compartment. I can carry a slimmed down version of my "main" bag with the Mini, including 3 putters in one of the side pockets. I would think you could even load it up with some other travel essentials if you were using it as a carry on.

Have you considered a Nutsac? The double size holds plenty of discs (8-10ish). It's nice for travel because you can pack it and your discs in a larger bag and make them conform a bit more to what you need, versus a dedicated bag/space like the G-series or the Mini.

I went with the "Absolute Shoulder Strap" - a bit steep at $30, but if you're a fan of TB then you already know the quality you're getting!

I actually have the G-series in addition to the Revo Mini! I'll share my thoughts on both and then recommend a third option. I tend to use the G as my putter only bag. I attached a Towch that sits on the back, and I carry 9 putters total, and 1 Rask (super thin) in the front disc flap. Great bag overall, and it's perfect for my putter rounds at a shorter course nearby.

Revo Mini - definitely more versatile, especially if you take the plastic piece out of the main compartment. I can carry a slimmed down version of my "main" bag with the Mini, including 3 putters in one of the side pockets. I would think you could even load it up with some other travel essentials if you were using it as a carry on.

Have you considered a Nutsac? The double size holds plenty of discs (8-10ish). It's nice for travel because you can pack it and your discs in a larger bag and make them conform a bit more to what you need, versus a dedicated bag/space like the G-series or the Mini.
I haven't considered the double nut sac mostly because when I travel I travel only with my tom bihn synapse 25. I've spent 4 months away from home with just what I can carry in that bag. My problem is when I try to bring discs. Ok sure, there's enough room for a buzzz and a putter of my choice still, but I'd rather not cram them in there. Besides, I only play with 11-13 discs anyway and if I can just get a small shoulder bag to bring all my discs with me then I'm not really weighing myself down too much and I can grab and go. When visiting I'd rather have all my discs and enjoy the courses I'm on more so than I would only having a few. I have considered an og nutsac though becAuse the waxed version is nice looking. But still, for the same price I can get a grip g and bring all of my discs or spend a tad more and get the revo.

I haven't considered the double nut sac mostly because when I travel I travel only with my tom bihn synapse 25. I've spent 4 months away from home with just what I can carry in that bag. My problem is when I try to bring discs. Ok sure, there's enough room for a buzzz and a putter of my choice still, but I'd rather not cram them in there. Besides, I only play with 11-13 discs anyway and if I can just get a small shoulder bag to bring all my discs with me then I'm not really weighing myself down too much and I can grab and go. When visiting I'd rather have all my discs and enjoy the courses I'm on more so than I would only having a few. I have considered an og nutsac though becAuse the waxed version is nice looking. But still, for the same price I can get a grip g and bring all of my discs or spend a tad more and get the revo.

Ok that makes sense for sure, and based on the 11-13 disc number I would steer you more towards the Revo Mini vs the G-series. Overall "carry" feels very similar, but you would definitely be able to get all 11-13 in the Mini, whereas the G-series would be an extremely tight fit unless most of those are drivers. Even then, you'd probably have to shed a couple of discs to make that work.

Ok that makes sense for sure, and based on the 11-13 disc number I would steer you more towards the Revo Mini vs the G-series. Overall "carry" feels very similar, but you would definitely be able to get all 11-13 in the Mini, whereas the G-series would be an extremely tight fit unless most of those are drivers. Even then, you'd probably have to shed a couple of discs to make that work.

Thanks!

Latest posts