• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Rhyno Nation!

If anyone out there is listening, I think a Rhyno in Ricky Pro Pig plastic would sell like bonkers.

If anyone out there is listening, I think a Rhyno in Ricky Pro Pig plastic would sell like bonkers.

Well it did not when they ran them before Ricky came to Innova. Did fine, but not a hot seller. Only if someone like Ricky threw it. Pig was a nothing disc before him.

Well it did not when they ran them before Ricky came to Innova. Did fine, but not a hot seller. Only if someone like Ricky threw it. Pig was a nothing disc before him.

They've run board flat Rhynos in stiff pro plastic? Which run is it?

I throw a yellow GStar Rhyno off the tee and also for approach shots. I use it to putt when I have heavy winds. Awesome disc, predictable flight, and stops on a dime.

They've run board flat Rhynos in stiff pro plastic? Which run is it?

My buddy has a few of the flat stiff pro rhynos from that run and was pretty disappointed. They ended up being really rubbery and droopy on the flight plate save the rim. He was hoping they would be like the old Soft Rhynos.

Nice! I was bagging a few different throwing putters (Harp and a couple Omegas) to fit different shots, and the Barsby Rhyno kicked them all out. It's so neutral, I am getting better results just throwing it on different angles as opposed to throwng different discs with the same stroke. Less is more.

Discovered Rhynos a couple of months ago. Rather hooked. I have them in DX and Pro.

How are the current Champion plastic ones molding up? Domey? Overstable? Happy with them?

Who in here besides me is part of the Rhyno Nation?

The Rhyno Nation are those of us who use their Rhyno's as Putters, for Approaching and Drives. You can Roll it,Forehand it,Tomahawk it,use it for Thumbers or just use it as a small bowl for your dog when he/she is thirsty. It even works well as a hat.

So let me hear it guys. Rhyno Nation! :hfive:

I have a champ rhyno that has a small dome to it. Its my go-to approach disc, has that slow, draggy overstability that i like out of the rhyno, and super durable in champ plastic. I also have the '22 Barsby rhynos in Nexus plastic and those have a great grip and a cool stamp. I use those for headwind spin putts with great success thus far.

Over the past couple months I've picked up a few new release premium plastic Rhynos to try out. My prior collection of Rhynos is majority DX and R-Pro with a Luster Champ & stock champ, a Color Glow Gummy Champion, and a GStar. Flat, mild dome, and domey among the group of them.

New are the Halo Star F2, Gummy Champ Heimburg commemorative, and Flat top processed Champ. I've finally gotten a couple opportunities to throw each and here is how they compare.

Domey & StiffMild DomeSlight DomeFlatFlat & pliable
Halo Star, stock ChampLuster Champ (stiff), Gummy HeimburgDX domey (stiff), R-Pro domey (neutral stiffness), GStar (neutral stiffness)DX (neutral stiffness), Flat top processed Champ (stiff - Jolly Launcher clear!)Older R-pro, Gummy Color Glow Champ

Generally the more dome & stiffness = more glide but they slow down/fade more laterally. Gummy & softer R-Pro blends seem straighter but that may be due to higher grip/spin(?) I hypothesize. Flat ones go straight but don't have a ton of glide & hold release angles pretty well.

Gummy commemorative and domey R-Pros have flown the furthest for me in my comparisons. Luster Champ is probably most OS with the brand new Halo coming in second.

I plan to try flattening one each of the Halo and Gummy Commemorative (and maybe the older Luster). Maybe that will soften up the Halo Star which isn't too great in the cooler winter temps below 50F.

Maybe we will see some Rhynos in the Soft Pro blend from Innova this year 🤞

Those flat top jolly launchers are so beautiful I had to cut myself off at 5 considering i have so many other rhynos. If you do flatten the other ones i would be interested to hear the results! Patiently waiting for soft pro to be run as well as maybe stock nexus

Pro shop posted this last night, not sure what max weight colors were available initially but Yellow/Green are all thats left. Yellow flatter than Green according to their comments on the FB post. Blue/Red available at under max weight ranges.

My attempts to flatten the Gummy Champ and Halo Star didn't yield much change in dome profile. Guess I'll just get used to the dome.

Flat champ rhyno alert! The F2 idye champ rhynos in the factory proshop are flat. I ordered 3 and 2 of 3 were perfectly flat and one had a slight dome. I just ordered 2 more. They're down to 14 left.

Latest posts