• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Rhyno Nation!

Some good news... the Rhynos finally came in! If you preordered, they will be in the mail today or tomorrow.

96233418_3765823603489686_4096823382140518400_n.jpg

96239625_3765829246822455_3778632950514450432_n.jpg

That is such a cool looking stamp.

I love the Rhyno, and I almost jumped on a few of these, but Covid is sending all of my spare cash to my savings account these days.

That is such a cool looking stamp.

I love the Rhyno, and I almost jumped on a few of these, but Covid is sending all of my spare cash to my savings account these days.
man, sorry to hear that.
We will run this job again later... and hopefully we will have premium Rhynos available for round two :)

Let me know if you have any extras, especially in blue or yellow. I need a father's day gift for the my Rhyno loving dad and these would look awesome with some lefty spin.

Borrowed my dad's seasoned Dx Rhyno during a round today and man was it fun throwing that thing...
I love it when they get so old that they develop a small high speed turn :)
Rhynos were my first ever go-to putter <3 I basically have two different bag setups these days and Rhynos are a key part of one of them.

I love it when they get so old that they develop a small high speed turn :)
Rhynos were my first ever go-to putter <3 I basically have two different bag setups these days and Rhynos are a key part of one of them.

Love the Rhyno...it's the disc that really taught me to throw a good FH, which is about the only thing I can throw right now...my BH has gone to **** but I can FH a Rhyno and Buzzz just fine :D

Its all your fault. I just pulled the trigger on an R-Pro Rhyno.

Innova's description makes me laugh: The Rhyno is an overstable putt and approach disc that can handle headwinds. Great for players with lots of throwing power as the Rhyno stops on a dime and stays close to the basket. It is a must have disc for short to medium up shots and putting into the wind. The Pro-line model is also called a ?Soft? Rhyno and is made to be super soft and flexible in an extra grippy plastic that grabs the chains.

So no matter how hard I throw it, it will stay close to the basket? Never in? Maybe I need to put dimes in basket and hopefully my Rhyno will stop on it. If the plastic grabs the chains, does it then do a tarzan swing past it so it can be 'close to' it?

Last edited:
So no matter how hard I throw it, it will stay close to the basket? Never in? Maybe I need to put dimes in basket and hopefully my Rhyno will stop on it. If the plastic grabs the chains, does it then do a tarzan swing past it so it can be 'close to' it?

That's exactly what they do. It must be very advanced engineering. I chained out #2 at Acorn Park (in MN) with my Champ Rhyno last week. It must've done the exact kind of Tarzan swing you're talking about, because it somehow ended up like 20 feet from the pin.

Its all your fault. I just pulled the trigger on an R-Pro Rhyno.

Innova's description makes me laugh: The Rhyno is an overstable putt and approach disc that can handle headwinds. Great for players with lots of throwing power as the Rhyno stops on a dime and stays close to the basket. It is a must have disc for short to medium up shots and putting into the wind. The Pro-line model is also called a ?Soft? Rhyno and is made to be super soft and flexible in an extra grippy plastic that grabs the chains.

That will be fairly similar to the old Soft Pro Rhyno of the 2000's in that the disc can be used for putting more so in wind but there are better molds for putting into wind for putting. My dad could in 2000's use a Ryhno for his putter if the wind was up too much to putt withe the Juju in Supreme plastic.

Last edited:
That's exactly what they do. It must be very advanced engineering. I chained out #2 at Acorn Park (in MN) with my Champ Rhyno last week. It must've done the exact kind of Tarzan swing you're talking about, because it somehow ended up like 20 feet from the pin.

Funny (but not so funny) I've made plenty of putts in practice but haven't made an 'on the course' putt with it yet. It HAS landed right next to the basket EVERY time. Its always a gimme follow-up. Granted, I don't use it ton and its a totally new concept for me but its held true so far.

So... take that to the next level and if I use it to tee off, I should always get birdies right???

I've tried quite a few discs since I "rediscovered" disc golf in March, and none have lowered my scores as much as the DX Rhyno. This disc doesn't care how hard you throw it, it just flys dead straight and lands flat. I've never thrown another disc that can handle as much power as you want to give it but still just flys straight with no fade. How do you do it Rhyno? What is your magic? The Roc is the only disc I have that is close to this dead straight zero fade, but it's a little more touchy on nose angle, and new ones fade a bit. The Rhyno doesn't give a **** what you do, it just flys straight and lands flat. Also, 80 - 150 foot forehand rollers with this disc are a lifesaver in the woods. I love you Rhyno

Rhyno guys, what is the best bet for a flat OS Rhyno? Champ/Star/Gstar/other... I haven't purchased a rhyno for years and last time I shopped around all the premium plastic ones had obscene domes.

Flattest Rhynos I have are R-Pro, softer DX, and a gummy color glow Champion. None are really OS (gummy Ch. one is a bit more than the other base/mid plastics), just lower glide than the higher dome ones (2/1/0/1 or 2 flight).

Middle grade dome (dome slightly taller than the thumbtrack rim) on the G-Star, stiffer DX, and Luster Champion. Luster Champion is pretty OS and has enough glide to really get a good OS fade (2/2/0/3 flight). G-Star flies like (2/2/0/1 flight).

Still see those high dome ones when I'm at the store on the stock Star and Champion. I don't think the mold was designed with the newer blends in mind and they haven't reworked it ever. The new RhynoX isn't an improvement (same top as the Rhyno) but it does produce a more OS DX disc with mid to high dome though.

Rhyno guys, what is the best bet for a flat OS Rhyno? Champ/Star/Gstar/other... I haven't purchased a rhyno for years and last time I shopped around all the premium plastic ones had obscene domes.
Take it for what its worth as they are both a couple years old. The Champ I have has a slight dome. The Gstar is flat.

Latest posts