• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Rhyno Nation!

Has anybody thrown a star rhyno lately? I really enjoy the champ / R-pro combo. Wondering what the feel / stability is in star.

I throw shimmer star, it is my preferred, off the tee, driving putter. I find it's a very balanced disc/plastic combo. It has GStar glide with a little more stability.

I throw shimmer star, it is my preferred, off the tee, driving putter. I find it's a very balanced disc/plastic combo. It has GStar glide with a little more stability.

I was not a fan of Shimmer Star in the Mystere, but I can see it working for the Rhyno.

Airborn has some Flat Top Dx Rhynos I'm about to try out. I've been on the Gummy/XG Rhyno kick for a while. They are stable and don't have any problem hitting things and not going far after the hit.

Rhyno Nation:

Are the Factory Store Pro's worth the price? Or should I just stick to Dx and RPro?

Rhyno Nation:

Are the Factory Store Pro's worth the price? Or should I just stick to Dx and RPro?
Warning: useless post alert!

I have never thrown the Factory Store Pros but I have a hard time seeing them be better than what you can get out of the production blends. Good ol' cheap DX is the best all-around IMO. And you can get almost 3 for the price of one factory Store Pro.

Resume useful posts (and please let me know if I'm wrong hahahaha)

Rhyno Nation:

They could be if you do not like the soft R-Pro and want a stiffer Pro, DX is about the same stiffness. Now the stiff Pro Rhyno is like a less durable Star so you might be better off just getting the Star if you can find the mini dome-flat top Star Rhyno as it is about the same price in a store as the stiff Pro plastic on Innova site without the shipping that Innova charges.

Last edited:
Rhyno Nation:

I haven't bought any since they were first released, but mine are flat to slight dome with an almost sticky grip. I've only thrown a handful of Rhynos with stability all over the map (relative to the mold). The FS were of the next to no fade variety.

I was not a fan of Shimmer Star in the Mystere, but I can see it working for the Rhyno.

iu

Ew.
That's not why I reach for a Rhyno :(

In all honesty, most of the non-premium Rhynos I've thrown (Champ/XG were all just bricks) have been like this. They all were plenty stable in the wind, but they were definitely point and shoot. The only one that actually had a decent fade to it was a lightweight DX. Not sure how it was tooled, but I've heard from those more experienced with the mold that only one mold brings the fade.

Rhyno Nation:

Not at FS prices. I have one that I got on the MP for a super cheap price, and it was already warped how I like mine (I putt with mine though). I find the Ranchos to be meh when it comes to them (my first Rhyno was an amazing R-Pro Ontario), and the San Marinos are only a bit more OS (sample size of 1 G*).

I'll stick to Dx and R-Pro in that case! I'm actually starting to dig R-Pro more and more, the grip is just fantastic.

My favorite Rhyno i have thrown to date is a LVC stamped gummy champ. Nice and stable, super comfy grip. And just nestles nicely onto the ground. Next in line would be R-Pro for the great grip aswell. Cant say i have thrown any newer runs of the DX, i keep hearing pretty good things about them however.

Rhyno Nation:

I have one with factory store stamp. Totally different feel compared my other Pro Rhynos. Plastic is harder and slickier and it's poptopped. Factory store is Ranco Cucamonga and others are Ontario. I'd say don't go there.

soooooo... I just threw my new domey Shimmer Star San Marino Rhyno. No patent #s on the bottom but still has patent on the Thumtrac.
It is MUCH more overstable than I thought it was going to be. More overstable than my slightly used Champ Sanny Rhyno. The champ is also no patent #s on the bottom but still has patent on the Thumtrac.

I haven't thrown any flat Ontarios other than DX (maybe R-Pro too?) so I can't say whether it is as overstable as those. It's more than overstable enough for my needs.

Don't rule out a domey premium rhyno if you are looking for overstable ;)

Found this really old "SE Soft Rhyno" in my old storage, this was fun to throw. . .is there any Rhyno you can buy today ( new ) that feels and flies like this one?

attachment.php

Attachments

• SE rhyno.JPG
    SE rhyno.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 126