• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ricky the Best Putter that Disc Golf Will Ever See?

johncw12

Bogey Member
After this year, I'm convinced that Ricky is the best putter that disc golf will ever see. I've thought this in previous years, but I'm convinced now. Don't get me wrong, Paul is an amazing putter and player, but no one can actually think that he putts as well as Ricky. Even when Ricky isn't putting 100% he's better than most star players. I think the biggest issue for him (specifically thinking about Paul here) is that his proximity to the basket isn't as close as others. Saying that, if he continues to improves his backhand form like he has since from the 2013-2014 seasons (go watch some videos), there's no way he'll lose more than he wins.

What do y'all think?

Hmmmm no mention of Josh Anthon? He hasn't been on the scene for a bit, but if your talking about the best putters the sport has seen you can't leave him out of the conversation.

I think you have a man-crush on Ricky. He's really good, but pretty arrogant to put him above all those before and all those future players.

Best putters = multiple major titles.....Climo, Schultz, McBeth, Doss.

Last edited:
Yes, saying someone is already the best putter a sport will ever see when the sport is really taking off seems somewhat ridiculous. If DG continues to grow and thousands more people pick it up I doubt Ricky will be the best to ever live lol

No. McBeth's putt in 2015 was unreal. Go back and watch every round from McBeth at '15 Worlds. He was legit putting the disc on metal from 80 and missed 5-6 total from inside the circle over the whole event.

I would say it's me...but only in my own backyard and when I'm alone.

It's impossible to compare players from different eras when making a case for the GOAT. But like Dana said, Paul's putting last year (and for the past few years) was insane.

I was actually thinking about posting something along these lines. However, I think it's mainly his outside of the circle putting. His unique putting stance assists in those long putts. It's crazy how you see him walk up to a 50 foot putt and just assume he has a good chance of hitting it. I can't call him the best putter ever, but I will say he might be the best outside the circle putter.

I think you have a man-crush on Ricky. He's really good, but pretty arrogant to put him above all those before and all those future players.

That's why I posted this haha. I wanted to see how biased my view was; it clearly is biased. He's my favorite player, but I'm a huge fan of Paul, Simon, Nate, tons more...

No. McBeth's putt in 2015 was unreal. Go back and watch every round from McBeth at '15 Worlds. He was legit putting the disc on metal from 80 and missed 5-6 total from inside the circle over the whole event.

I mean I can pick one single round of disc golf where I've been on fire putting and be in the conversation if that's the case lol

I was actually thinking about posting something along these lines. However, I think it's mainly his outside of the circle putting. His unique putting stance assists in those long putts. It's crazy how you see him walk up to a 50 foot putt and just assume he has a good chance of hitting it. I can't call him the best putter ever, but I will say he might be the best outside the circle putter.

I could agree with that. I was watching coverage this year and one of the commentators (can't remember which tournament, but might have been CCDG) said, "When Paul makes a 50 footer, it looks as hard as it should....but when Ricky makes a 50 footer, it looks the same effort as him making a 10 footer." I would agree with this quote

Climo and Steve Wisecup would be on my list. Dr Rick Voakes was amazing, so was Johnny Sias.

I would guess there are a lot of top pros you have never seen.

Hmmmm no mention of Josh Anthon? He hasn't been on the scene for a bit, but if your talking about the best putters the sport has seen you can't leave him out of the conversation.

Just watched some coverage of him putting, he's pretty insane

Ricky's circle this year seems inside 75' but that hasn't always been the case. The last few years McBeth would never miss, especially under pressure, but not this year.

Best ever can't mean a year or three to me so I gotta go with The Champ.

It will be cool when the game has SportsCenter type statistics on how top players put from at certain distance and in top events. For ex: Ricky being 70% accurate putting from within 80'. This could be done with something like the more exclusive pro tour events where statistics could be concentrated on the fewer top pros.

Latest posts