• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] River VS Maverick VS Maul

G-Vaughn0906

Posted a thread similar to this a couple days ago. These are the discs I'm leaving towards and wondering which disc is the best for those controlled hyzer-flip shots that don't require full power to flip. A lot of people mentioned the Diamond and Jade on the last thread, but I own a Diamond and a Sapphire (also lightweight) which I find way too flippy and don't know if I really like the light weights. So, I don't think these would be my preference. Any help would be much appreciated!

Do what I do when I'm not sure which disc to use. I buy a couple different ones and test them out. That's really the only way to find what is best for you.

I've never tried a Maverick because I have a River. Maul is slightly less stable but capable fills the same slot.

Also, a 175 Opto River flies more stable than a 164 Gold Line, which is my preferred River.

I love Mauls, but they are hard to find.

Last edited:
Seeing Molt throw a Maul 470 and outdistance higher speed stuff makes me want to try a Maul again, but yeah they're so hard to find asides from Latitude's Factory Store. I also feel as if a beat-in River is basically the same as an out of the box Maul like he was tossing around during that field session.

Last edited: