• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rocs and Aviars for testing form

Wait im still lost here.... If you cant throw a putter 300' dead nuts straight you have OAT? Once again not trying to be a pain just trying to understand the theory, and yes I understand what O.A.T is..

Wait im still lost here.... If you cant throw a putter 300' dead nuts straight you have OAT? Once again not trying to be a pain just trying to understand the theory, and yes I understand what O.A.T is..

I guess it is possible if your OAT is really bad and you release with negative hyzer lol.

no. you can throw a putter 200' and still have a clean throw.

You can also throw a putter 300 with oat....its just likely gunna be the less common roll under.

If you can throw a putter flat and it stays straight, your throwing clean with no or very little OAT. Good

If you cant throw a putter more than 100' with out an "S line" or "flex" you need to work on cleaning up your form. Bad

If you throw a putter flat and it turns to the right(RHBH) hard while diving to the ground you have OTA issues. Bad

If your neutral midrange of choice fades hard (goes left RHBH) and you have a hard time getting 200'+ you have nose angle issues. Bad

Just trying to fix what looks like some communication errors.

If you can throw a putter flat and it stays straight, your throwing clean with no or very little OAT. Good

If you cant throw a putter more than 100' with out an "S line" or "flex" you need to work on cleaning up your form. Bad

If you throw a putter flat and it turns to the right(RHBH) hard while diving to the ground you have OTA issues. Bad

If your neutral midrange of choice fades hard (goes left RHBH) and you have a hard time getting 200'+ you have nose angle issues. Bad

Just trying to fix what looks like some communication errors.

There it is.

So...hit the course first time today with my roc and aviar in hand. Carried my focus as well, since it's my primary putter that I'm used to. Anyway, quick question about this technique...does it work with forehand throws as well? I ask because I can backhand the roc and aviar really well, but my forehand sidearms (my normal throw) flip over to the left and roll out. I never have this problem with my drivers, which I imagine someone will tell me it's because they don't show bad form. Previously, with my drivers, it was the other way around...my forehands were wicked, but the backhands would always book way left, since I have trouble releasing them flat. Any way, so...like I said. Will the rocs and aviars fly forehand? It was pretty windy today, so I'm going to work on it more this week when the wind dies down. I really like the Roc though for straight backhands...I'm looking forward to working with it more. Thanks for the help guys.

Hellion, im glad to hear things are going well :)
Just to give you a lil reference on putters: the bb avair, wizard, and challenger are today's main three, any of them are tried and true for driving and putting. Your focus is almost identical to the wizard, so if thats the putter you like then dont shy away from it.
As far as your fh question, your assumption was right. Drivers were masking form flaws. Iron them out with the roc and putter and it will translate to your drivers. Dont be surprised if everything seems more overstable.
Also keep in mind that you should be able to fh a roc, but that doesnt mean it should be your pic for fh d ;)

i fore hand putters and rocs and other understable mids, the trick to get them to fly is to slow down arm speed and keep your elbow almost attached on you hip and focus on just snap and releasing it on a hyzer without rollin your wrist

Latest posts