• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rolling with the Condor

Thumber

Double Eagle Member
I just bought 2, 200 g DX condors

I like them for approach shots. They hold lines very nicely and have great glide. I was wondering how people throw them as rollers?

I have a good thumber and was wondering how you throw them as a thumber roller, or are they better for BH and FH rollers

The Condor is a huge disc. I have a friend who *only* throws overhand rollers with it, and he's surprisingly accurate with it. The condor seems to be more controllable and it'll roll further because of the bigger diameter. I only tend to use overhand rollers for getting out of trouble.

The Condor is a huge disc. I have a friend who *only* throws overhand rollers with it, and he's surprisingly accurate with it. The condor seems to be more controllable and it'll roll further because of the bigger diameter. I only tend to use overhand rollers for getting out of trouble.

does he throw them thumber or tommy style?

There are numerous people who I have seen throwing thumb rollers with condors. Gangloff throws them with a Roc. I remember Dave Greenwell using condors as well as Tom Thumb from Burlington NC.

more of a reverse thumber with the flight plate close to the body

Last edited:
Greenwell is a master with the 'dor. He uses it for thumb rollers, FH rollers, pretty much everything. It's like it is his little pet or something. It's amazing to watch him do things with that disc. He and that one specific disc are one. Yes, he's really that good with this disc. Most everyone around here (Louisville) has one in their bag because of what he has shown them with the 'dor.

thumb rollers are great and great shots to get you out of trouble.

So I'm learning to do thumb rollers with this stupid thing and it's squirrely has hell. I have to throw it almost flat to get to go straight at all and by the time it touches down it's almost 5' left of where I aimed. It turns left immediately if I throw it more OH rather than the flat, sidearm delivery. Seems very unpredictable.

It's 197 and fairly new still, maybe it needs to be beat up some so it isn't so piggy. Any tips?

I got me a max weight 200g DX condor for my rollers...and I've found its great for short rollers to get out of trouble, but I can't control it well enough to throw it for any distance.

To be completely honest, the #1 thing I use it for is escape shots...it has enough mass to bust through brush and get back to the fairway

Latest posts