• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] RPM Pekapeka: Gift from the DG Gods?

Acedthebush

Flight # 9, 5, -3, 1 (Cosmic plastic)

My exprience: So much more

Speed: can be a 7 when needed, but also a 10 or 11 when you add some more power.

Glide: True and then some. Throw it like a 10 with some spin (let the games begin) and the glide is a 6 or even 7. This baby will absolutely FLY, and fly some more........and holy crap its still flying....is this a distance driver?
Throw it like a midrange and park it where you want it.

Turn: Yes, it turns, but never burns. Shape your shots and watch it fly how you want it to fly.

Fade: True.

The Peka is becoming my most versatile disc. Covering everything from a light DD to a long midrange. It seems quite forgiving if you make a minor mistake as it will still GLIDE on without turning so far off course you have to go send a SAR team to look for it. However, throw it right and watch its flight, in all its beauty, in awe. This baby flies.

Forearm/ Sidearm Throwers: THIS is YOUR disc. An absolute sidearm weapon. Carbon steel Japanese Katana is what comes to mind. I have had more than a few near aces with the Peka and feel an ace is only a matter time before it happens. She goes where you want it, flies how you want it and parks where you tell her to park once you get that glorious glide under control.
Anyone else have a similar experience with the Pekapeka?

Last edited:
Disclaimer: I am a little over a month (throwing 3X per week) back from a ten year break from playing due to family/work. I played a ton in my 20's and am starting to get my old form back, but I am not an expert by any means so take my review with a grain of salt.

It's a goodie. I have atomic and glow atomic. I imagine once they season in they will fly even better.

Fly even better? 🤤🤤🤤 Maybe I should order some more. How is the glide with the softer atomic plastic? I prefer the grip of softer (atomic/star) but feel they dont take the torque (wrist snap) as well as the harder plastics (cosmic/champ).

Fly even better? 🤤🤤🤤 Maybe I should order some more. How is the glide with the softer atomic plastic? I prefer the grip of softer (atomic/star) but feel they dont take the torque (wrist snap) as well as the harder plastics (cosmic/champ).

The glide is certainly there. I'm not a huge thrower. They are flying as far as my one year old Widboom Sidewinder, which is about 10gm lighter. They are more overstable so keen to see how they beat in.

I prefer RPM Atomic plastic over Cosmic … got very dry hands so they help with the grip a bit. I think I've only got one Cosmic RPM in or near the bag, but several Atomic (mainly glow).

RPM site lists down to 155g. What plastics will get you that low? Online sources?[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The glide is certainly there. I'm not a huge thrower. They are flying as far as my one year old Widboom Sidewinder, which is about 10gm lighter. They are more overstable so keen to see how they beat in.

I prefer RPM Atomic plastic over Cosmic … got very dry hands so they help with the grip a bit. I think I've only got one Cosmic RPM in or near the bag, but several Atomic (mainly glow).

I spent a day with a champ sidewinder so take this with a grain of salt. They both have the same flight numbers but I felt that the Peka had more control, more forgiving, and a touch more stable. The sidewinder I threw was a true speed 9. Over throw or under throw that number and it was a junk shot. The Peka on the other hand could handle a harder throw (speed 10,11) and still have a good if not great shot. Under throw it, down to speed 5, and you can still get a great shot out of it. In fact its my go to midrange for anything that isn't a straight on shot, for that I use a Mako3. Where I really feel that the numbers do not match is the glide. I can get the Peka close to the same distance as my Wraith without as much effort. I could not get the Sidewinder even close to my Wraith. Again, this was one day with one Sidewinder. I have had the Peka for about two weeks now.

Last edited:

Atomic = Star
Cosmic = Champ

How do the other plastics equate roughly? RPM's website also lists "glow, magma, strata" for plastic options.

Atomic = Star
Cosmic = Champ

How do the other plastics equate roughly? RPM's website also lists "glow, magma, strata" for plastic options.

Also, I second the request about where to look for these, I can't find anywhere state side that has them and the RPM website says shipping state side is more than the cost of 3 discs :doh:

Atomic = Star
Cosmic = Champ

Magma is sort of mid grade baseline, comes in different flexes. Strata is a entry level base plastic, I have not not used it. I like the Magma Hard and regular Magma. Nice plastic.

Glow I am unsure of as well.

As far as this new disc, maybe have to wait a while for newer shipments from guys like Infinite.

I've been messing around with my Tui in Cosmic and Atomic. It's a putter that rips. Thrown hard on a high hyzer and it flips to flat then rides like dead straight till it lands. About 290-300 for me. Fun disc to throw and watch fly. I'm not sure I can bag it for rounds that count yet, but having fun with them anyways.

Magma is sort of mid grade baseline, comes in different flexes. Strata is a entry level base plastic, I have not not used it. I like the Magma Hard and regular Magma. Nice plastic.

Strata is like Innova DX. I've only thrown an RPM Huia in Strata (which is like a Teebird) and it was a different disc compared to Atomic and Cosmic … flippy!

Glow only exists in Atomic, I think. I haven't seen it in any other RPM plastic. I've thrown the Ruru, Tui, Kea, Piwakawaka, Huia, Pekapeka and Kotuku in glow. It feels slightly more gummy than normal Atomic … I love it. My personal favourite RPM plastic. Magma (hard/medium/soft) is great too.

Also, for night disc golf, the RPM glow is excellent. There was a batch of RPM glow a year or so back that was so bright … almost too bright … but the new Pekapeka in glow have dialed that back a bit.

As far as this new disc, maybe have to wait a while for newer shipments from guys like Infinite.

I've been messing around with my Tui in Cosmic and Atomic. It's a putter that rips. Thrown hard on a high hyzer and it flips to flat then rides like dead straight till it lands. About 290-300 for me. Fun disc to throw and watch fly. I'm not sure I can bag it for rounds that count yet, but having fun with them anyways.
I have a Tui in atomic and can confirm its a ripper. An US disc that, for me, is more of an approach disc than an actual putting putter. The only time I use it as a putting putter is when the wind is barking or need a flippy shot. It's still too new for me to trust it enough to replace my Aviars .

Magma RuRu- Magma is a soft rubbery plastic that grips the chains. Just tried this disc for the first time and can already see it has potential to replace my Aviars as a putting putter. I need some more time with this disc, but like what I see so far.

Back to the Pekapeka. After playing yesterday I take back everything I said about this disc. It's a sh#t disc that does not fly AT ALL. Horrible. All over the place, no control. Most of the other discs in my bag are the same. I have a sneaky suspicion it could have been the player and not the disc but I still have my doubts.
Only postive thing that happend was I put a bit too much hyzer on it which caused it to flip over after about 275-300 ft then turned into a roller that rolled on forever, straight as an arrow I might add. Not a shot I like to use but if you like flippy rollers the Peka will do that. What started off as a horrible shot (theme of the day) ended up being my best shot of the day. Pure luck.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Looks like Marshall Street has a bunch of Pekapekas in stock right now in about three or four different plastics including some sort of glow.

Awesome thank you, I didn't see those yesterday when I checked, looks like they just added them yesterday afternoon! :thmbup:

Flight # 9, 5, -3, 1 (Cosmic plastic)
The Peka is becoming my most versatile disc. Covering everything from a light DD to a long midrange. It seems quite forgiving if you make a minor mistake as it will still GLIDE on without turning so far off course you have to go send a SAR team to look for it. However, throw it right and watch its flight, in all its beauty, in awe. This baby flies.

Fly even better? 🤤🤤🤤 Maybe I should order some more.

I spent a day with a champ sidewinder so take this with a grain of salt. They both have the same flight numbers but I felt that the Peka had more control, more forgiving, and a touch more stable.

Back to the Pekapeka. After playing yesterday I take back everything I said about this disc. It's a sh#t disc that does not fly AT ALL. Horrible. All over the place, no control. Most of the other discs in my bag are the same. I have a sneaky suspicion it could have been the player and not the disc but I still have my doubts.

Sounds like disc golf is quite the emotional roller coaster.

If you're really interested in determining the "player versus disc" question, you might consider playing a few putter-only rounds. The challenge of throwing the same disc a variety of different shapes and distances on a course with actual obstacles and baskets will give you a lot of data.

Sounds like disc golf is quite the emotional roller coaster.

If you're really interested in determining the "player versus disc" question, you might consider playing a few putter-only rounds. The challenge of throwing the same disc a variety of different shapes and distances on a course with actual obstacles and baskets will give you a lot of data.
Yeah I was having a bad day. Not the discs fault.lol I was able to sneak in about an hour to play today. Just took my Magma Ruru and Atomic Tui (putters) to get more aquainted with them. I really like both. I'll see how long this Magma plastic lasts, should have known a rubbery type plastic would wear in faster but damn. Leaving all kinds of micro plastic behind. I will replace it with an Atomic Ruru when the time comes. They got some good stuff cooking there in New Zealand.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yeah, they do great discs and beautiful stamps.

I bag a magma soft and atomic Kea as approach discs, and the Piwakawaka also. I did have the Kotuku for a long time, but I've subbed in an Axiom Pyro for a bit to see how that goes. The Pyro goes a bit longer which is a nice disc up from the Kea's.

Yeah, they do great discs and beautiful stamps.

I bag a magma soft and atomic Kea as approach discs, and the Piwakawaka also. I did have the Kotuku for a long time, but I've subbed in an Axiom Pyro for a bit to see how that goes. The Pyro goes a bit longer which is a nice disc up from the Kea's.

Is the Piwakawaka too understable for the approach slot you're trying to fill? Just curious, because I'm playing around with a powered-down Piwakawaka in place of my straight approach disc (Maiden)

I have loved my Pikawakawaks (experimented with 3 plastics), and I think I'm trying to find even more shots for it....

Is the Piwakawaka too understable for the approach slot you're trying to fill? Just curious, because I'm playing around with a powered-down Piwakawaka in place of my straight approach disc (Maiden)

I have loved my Pikawakawaks (experimented with 3 plastics), and I think I'm trying to find even more shots for it....

I use my Wardens and Keas for almost all approach shots. The Piwaka is for straight, low shots that need to glide, and for slightly powered up turnovers. I play with a local legend who is amazing with a Piwaka … does all sorts of things with it.

I use my Wardens and Keas for almost all approach shots. The Piwaka is for straight, low shots that need to glide, and for slightly powered up turnovers. I play with a local legend who is amazing with a Piwaka … does all sorts of things with it.

Yeah - I probably use my P Model S and Maiden where you're using the Kea and Warden. I am new to the Piwakawaka, but I have completely fallen for it: I get that slight turnover with the Strata, and straight with the slightest dump at the end with the Atomic. I haven't noticed much flight difference between the Atomic and the Cosmic, and I'm wondering if it's just looks and durability (the Cosmic *might* want to fly higher, but that might just be me throwing inconsistently)