• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RULE NUMBER ONE...

tomjulio

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
...if you haul your crap (bottles, cans, Frito bags, cigarette butts) onto a course...HAUL IT OUT if there are no garbage cans.

throwing it by a sign post does exactly what? Hell, your cans and bottles are lighter now that they are empty.

Sometimes people will pick up others' trash and, if there are no trashcans on the course and no room in your bag to carry aforementioned trash, it is better to put it where county/city/club/whatever workers can easily collect it (assuming that there is some sort of trash pick up.)

Not to excuse littering by any means. Just sayin' that is maybe what you encountered...

Right on, brother. And how much trouble can it be, not to drop a dozen Blue Tootsie Roll wrappers all over Valley View Park in Altoona, PA?

Tootsie Rolls. So. Good. Can't. Stop. Stuffing. Them. Into. My. Mouth.
Arghmbrglblemmmmmmm.

...if you haul your crap (bottles, cans, Frito bags, cigarette butts) onto a course...HAUL IT OUT if there are no garbage cans.

throwing it by a sign post does exactly what? Hell, your cans and bottles are lighter now that they are empty.

Cosign this. I am getting really tired of picking up water bottles every 3 holes. How do you leave water behind in NC during the Summer?

i carry around a plastic bag for picking up peoples trash, it pisses me off especially when we find cans/bottles laying all around an empty trashcan

i've gotten positive feedback from to the two local parks thanking us disc golfers for our clean up efforts.

hearing that helps combat that jackass litterers...

sometimes leaving them by a sign that usually is occupied by a garbage can counts ... but only on garbage day when the cans are missing from the course

I suspect the drunks who frequent my home course are going to see this thread, find Jesus in their lives, and change their ways forever. I'm also quite positive the littering college kids are browsing this very thread right now, and are feeling great amounts of remorse as they pledge to never litter in a disc golf park again.

I suspect the drunks who frequent my home course are going to see this thread, find Jesus in their lives, and change their ways forever. I'm also quite positive the littering college kids are browsing this very thread right now, and are feeling great amounts of remorse as they pledge to never litter in a disc golf park again.

Shame does work.

I shamed some very prolific litterers on my home course so badly that they not only stopped littering, but the next time I ran into them, they came running up to my group to let us know that they spent 16 hours (!) picking up every last scrap of trash on the course (they did, too, the course was immaculate.) :)

I jsut want to know how it is possible if your brought what eventually becomes trash with you on to the course there is no room in your bag to take it away.

Seriously people parks are not trash cans and we shouldn't have to pay people to keep them clean. If it makes you feel better pay yourself a million dollars and take your own trash with you.

Shame does work.

I shamed some very prolific litterers on my home course so badly that they not only stopped littering, but the next time I ran into them, they came running up to my group to let us know that they spent 16 hours (!) picking up every last scrap of trash on the course (they did, too, the course was immaculate.) :)

damn good thing there are parents out there to look after us all

Juke shoe is the man if the course got cleaned.

Naw, those guys are the man (men?) because they listened to reason and then actually did everyone a huge favor by cleaning up and helping the course stay clean. They could have just been douches, or pummelled the snot out of me, or whatever.

Kind of irritating when a course doesn't have enough trash cans, but if you bring it in, pack it out.

it pisses me off especially when we find cans/bottles laying all around an empty trashcan

I know right! People here in MN are notorious for this. It drive's me crazy that people can't even carry a water bottle an extra 100ft to a trash / recycling bin.

A local course is "being studied for removal" for "litter issues". Problem being the trash cans are overflowing. You'd think if the city was THAT concerned, they'd send the trash crew over more than once every other week.

Tootsie Rolls. So. Good. Can't. Stop. Stuffing. Them. Into. My. Mouth.
Arghmbrglblemmmmmmm.

lol

i always have a few plastic bags in my dg bag for just this purpose.

how people can be so lazy/stupid sometimes just defies explanation.