• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

rvan bag

rvan84

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 1-1/2 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, RHFH by necessity
Golf Distance (avg/max) for putter/mid/driver: Wizard: 220/240'; Roc: 250/270'; Teebird: 290/320'

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: None
Other sport proficiencies?: Baseball
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Would like to add a forehand and backhand roller disc unless one is already in the bag.
Specific areas of desired feedback: I am mostly looking to see if there is a glaring hole in my bag. I don't play very technical courses and would like to be ready for most shots.
Immediate and long-term goals: I have taken most of the longer discs from my bag in order to help with accuracy as well as distance.

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
170 GL XXX (9/10)-Overstable/Headwind/Overhand
172 GL Striker (8.5/10)-Main Driver, Distance
172 Star Teebird (10/10)-Slightly Overstable
165 DX Teebird (10/10)-New to bag
177 DX Teebird (5/10)-Control Driver

Mids:
171 GL Pain (9/10)-Overstable Mid
176 KC Pro Rocs(9-10/10) 3 in Bag, Go to Mid
177 DX Roc(7.5/10)-Trying to beat to flippy

Putters:
169 SSS Wizard, (7/10)-main putter,90% of shots within 100 ft
169 SSS Wizard, (10/10)-Backup

xXx might be a tad beefy for your power level, otherwise I like the simplicity. If you're going to counter with "what would you suggest?" I'd have to say give a Banshee a shot, if not the bag is lookin' good. Cheers!

What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Would like to add a forehand and backhand roller disc unless one is already in the bag.

Specific areas of desired feedback: I am mostly looking to see if there is a glaring hole in my bag. I don't play very technical courses and would like to be ready for most shots.

Immediate and long-term goals: I have taken most of the longer discs from my bag in order to help with accuracy as well as distance.

A few thoughts:
a TL makes a great BH roller, although you probably don't need this in the bag for normal BH shots

You could use something glidey and understable - perhaps a pro Leopard instead of the beat teebird?

I agree with those saying the xXx being overkill

Thanks for the suggestions. I might just take the xxx out of the bag. The star tee bird is as domey of a teebird as I have seen. It's pretty beefy itself. I might try to use it instead of an eagle or banshee first. I had thought about taking the beat teebird out but was trying to keep it simple and lower my molds. I have a 168 gl river I might slide in instead. Thanks.

I'm in agreement with cyclone. A pro leopard would compliment your teebirds nicely. I use Teebirds/Leos as well. In addition, a comet would be a nice pairing with your rocs. They feel very much the same and a lighter Z or x comet could fill the beat roc spot while you are working on beating yours. You would also have a replacement in case your beat roc is lost/broke. From my experiences with the comet, they fill that slot quite well. They will hold annys for days and shots that need to drift right can be thrown flat but with the smallest bit of anny and they hold that line.

Latest posts