• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] S curve disc?

If you're truly a beginner, though, you could probably 86 the Wraith, Boss, and Nuke.
For sure. For a newer arm a Valkyrie, Avenger SS, Sidewinder or Mongoose would all be good choices. If you want something slower a DX Eagle should beat into a nice S curve disc quickly.

No one can say what is best only what they prefer. Like the owl said a lot of discs will do it. I personally like the hatchet, escape, and renegade for it.

The valkyrie is good from innova and the XL from discraft.

Interesting on the hatchet - they don't fade back at all for me but I guess it's different for everyone.

The Valk is an awesome S turn disc for beginners.

Valkyrie. Has a good amount of turn and fade when thrown flat for weaker arms. And as you get more distance, just add hyzer for an even sweeter hyzer flip S curve.

Interesting on the hatchet - they don't fade back at all for me but I guess it's different for everyone.

The Valk is an awesome S turn disc for beginners.

I throw them in tailwinds almost exclusively and even then with a good amount of hyzer. The VIP plastic will usually always come out at the end if given enough height. The TP plastic is a little more understable. Since he said for a beginner though there should be no problem getting an S curve out of it and would teach him good form since any OAT or wrist roll will likely turn his throw into a quick roller. Bigger difference in a valkyrie but I think they are good for it as well. Just a whole different disc from a pro valk and a champ valk. I've seen many beginners try to use a new champ valk and get frustrated that it won't even flip to flat for them.

I throw them in tailwinds almost exclusively and even then with a good amount of hyzer. The VIP plastic will usually always come out at the end if given enough height. The TP plastic is a little more understable. Since he said for a beginner though there should be no problem getting an S curve out of it and would teach him good form since any OAT or wrist roll will likely turn his throw into a quick roller. Bigger difference in a valkyrie but I think they are good for it as well. Just a whole different disc from a pro valk and a champ valk. I've seen many beginners try to use a new champ valk and get frustrated that it won't even flip to flat for them.

Yeah, not doubt on differences in valks. I think Pro or DX would be best for a begginer. Like Champ - Gstar is also much more stable than Pro or DX.

I use an escape from Dynamic Discs to achieve this flight. Released flat it will turn out to the right gently and then fade back to left of middle. (RHBH). I throw it out to about 375ft. An escape is only a speed 9 but will go far so it may be easier to handle for beginners than something OS and speed 12 or 13.

More control> more distance.

This. Assuming you don't want to do a flex shot, the escape was the first thing that came to mind for me.

Released flat it's got some turn with fade back.

Beast or an Orc. I use the Beast for big sweeping S curves, and i use the Orc for tighter curves.

VALKYRIE. Either Star, Champion, or Glow Champion. Truly....the best Distance S curve driver for MANY skill levels. This should be the answer to the question

also a good suggestion is a SIDEWINDER (if the valk is too stable) and also a BEAST for a little faster disc. All GREAT discs really.