• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

sac to santa cruz

adamtheviking5

Throws only Pink Discs
Were going to delaveaga in the morning and its a 3 gour drive from sacramento. What's tge best course on our route to stop at to break up the drive?

Black Mouse........... Both 9 holers in San Jose are real fun, i haven't got to the new 18 there.

Were going to delaveaga in the morning and its a 3 gour drive from sacramento. What's tge best course on our route to stop at to break up the drive?

Golden Gate Park (SF) is the must play course and you can get south from there pretty quick after.

Stafford Lake (Novato) is great but will take some time to play.

If you have not passed Vacaville yet you could stop at Lagoon Valley. Will be empty.

Do not play Aquatic Park (Berkeley) unless you want to deal with endless pedestrians on the paths in front of your shots.

vacaville is pretty close to Sac so I'd say Parque de la raza in san jose is the best bet along route. GGP if you can get there early enough to beat the crowds and are willing to deviate from your route a bit.

GGP will be packed on a saturday, even if you get there by 9am. Black Mouse is awesome, but it is in Felton, which is just a couple miles out of Santa Cruz. I'll second the two 9 holers in San Jose, they are good for nine holes, and not too far from the beaten path.

I'll suggest heading south of Santa Cruz not very far, and playing Pinto Lake. It was featured in the 2011 Worlds, and is a great course. Its a long one though. Black Mouse is short, but heavily wooded with redwoods. Underrated.

Detour to Napa Skyline, played that recently, its gorgeous and a lot of fun. I like Lagoon Valley too, and the 3 times I've played, just played right through with no one in front.

If you just want convenience in the middle of the drive, La Raza in San Jose for 9 holes would be a good break.

If you want the next best course in the Santa Cruz area, Pinto Lake is probably it, but I also like Aptos High School and Black Mouse.

If you can make it to Monterey, you should play Ryan Ranch or CSMBU.

There's a course in Felton?? heart of the redwoods.. Damn... that must be gorgeous. I need to move back to boulder creek.