• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Saint Pro

Got out to the field with my Saint Pro this morning. This disc definitely isn't an overstable meat hook. It is just stable, resists turn for most of the flight and always finishes left, even with a head wind. I am very pleased.

Got out to the field with my Saint Pro this morning. This disc definitely isn't an overstable meat hook. It is just stable, resists turn for most of the flight and always finishes left, even with a head wind. I am very pleased.

What weight are you throwing, and how far were you putting it out there?

im glad i picked these up. Both opto, 169, 173. they def pair well with my lucid escapes. i was wearing crocs, but still able to get them out to 380 some what easily. i would best describe them an escape with 0 hss. def not a 4 lss as DD's site posts. kind of has that, just the right amount of fade. Powers down really well. this disc while good at resisting turn, i do not ever see getting a flex line out of. just the slightest anny and it held it to the ground. for me thats fine, as im not looking to throw flex lines with it, but rather to be a more headwind dependable version of my escapes, which it is. i think ideally i would like it to be just a hair more lss, and would try a moonshine version if not for knowing DD will come with their own OS fairway. Great disc, yes, disc of this millenium, eh not so sure.

no one ever said it was an overstable meathook, that would be the stiletto

Is it bad that I'm frustrated by this release...I buy the Opto Saint Pro the morning it's released even though my wife specifically tells me "you are cut off from buying discs for a few months". I take the risk, by some Saint Pros, thinking that the Moonshines won't be released for a while (such as with what they are doing with other discs)...then bam, marshallstreet wants to sell moonshine Saint Pros...no moonshine for me :( I'm a sad panda. This sadness i'm sure will subside when i get home tonight to throw by saint pro since it was just delivered this morning...but then the sadness will creep back in when my wife sees a disc waiting for me on the porch... third world problems

Is it bad that I'm frustrated by this release...I buy the Opto Saint Pro the morning it's released even though my wife specifically tells me "you are cut off from buying discs for a few months". I take the risk, by some Saint Pros, thinking that the Moonshines won't be released for a while (such as with what they are doing with other discs)...then bam, marshallstreet wants to sell moonshine Saint Pros...no moonshine for me :( I'm a sad panda. This sadness i'm sure will subside when i get home tonight to throw by saint pro since it was just delivered this morning...but then the sadness will creep back in when my wife sees a disc waiting for me on the porch... third world problems

If one of them is a pink OPTO, I will buy it from you to free up some moonshine money
I work in lacey, so your not that far.

Why stop there? Just a couple of moonshines couldn't hurt. Or, you might need to consider having them shipped to your work maybe?

If one of them is a pink OPTO, I will buy it from you to free up some moonshine money
I work in lacey, so your not that far.

Haha, damn I wish it was pink now. lol. Its a cherry red with a red stamp..173g. Im doing some comparisons between the saint pro and my 12x champ teebird. I'll get something up when I can :D

Picked up a 173g pink Saint Pro w/ rainbow stamp from Dynamic Discs in KC today. Played Rosedale (upper) and only threw it once the entire round, on hole 7, and just missed getting my first ace! Heading right toward the basket and it just skimmed right in front of the treeline behind the basket and a thin branch knocked it down just a couple feet before it would have been in, leaving it parked right up against the pole for a drop-in birdie.

Looking forward to testing it more this weekend but my newbie opinion/experience so far matches what the more experienced guys have written in these threads: a touch slower than a regular Saint and straight when thrown flat with a nice glide and fade.

saint pro saint.jpg

saint saint pro.jpg

the red is the new saint pro and the yellow is an opto saint

this next pic, the red is the saint pro and the yellow is a 12x champ teebird

tbird saint pro.jpg

I got a 167 white opto and 173 pink opto saints pros in mail today from DD. And Thank You!!!

Threw them each 15 times. Did what I expected. 167 throws long and straight with late fade (hit 320-360 most time). 173 was certainly more os with a bit less glide. They like a smooth release and not too much torque. Both turned if thrown with torque. Both were able to keep a smooth hyzer when thrown 85% into a 10-15mph headwind. I throw escapes 320 -375 for comparison. Very pleased with them. I will do field work and report back. Psyched to work on annyies with them to see how they fly.

Does anyone but me still have a Striker in their bag? Maybe the Striker is being phased out.

You know full well I still bag Strikers!

I also have not thrown any other Stiker than my OS snowflake, so I can not speak to the usefulness / popularity of the mold, but I do sometimes wonder why Lat64 made a conscious effort to go away from the "snowflake" effect their machines had on the mold, (If I remember correctly it had something to do with the amount of suction used on the machine that removed the freshly molded plastic from the mold itself).. Snowflake Strikers seem to be the more sought-after variety.

The snowflake was from a different machine. When they started, Lat64 had their discs molded by a separate plastics molding company. Around 3 years ago, they were able to purchase their own injection molders and learned to do it themselves, and apply their knowledge of how they wanted discs to fly to the process.
This is largely evident by the different color Strikers having varying amounts of beef. What color do you have? Opaque dark blue has been the beefiest I've seen...

I...love...this....disc! If my 12x teebird and opto saint had a baby, it would be the saint pro. I get my 12x out to about 340' and my saints out to 360'. This is right in the middle of that for reference. I would give flight numbers of 8/5/0/2.5. Put it on a hyzer, it stays in hyzer the whole flight. Put it flat, it flies dead straight with predictable fade. Put it on a slight anny, it will hold the anny just for a bit, fly straight, and finish with predictable fade. I hate saying this, and I know you people obsessed with " does it fly like a teebird?"... are wanting to know... this it the closest thing I've ever thrown to flying like a teebird with more glide. Your welcome. It is right in between my pre-flight #s teebird and 12x as far as flight characteristics,with the glide and distance off the saint... let's not forget the amazing plastics too. Thanks again Lat :hfive:

This is a great disc for sure. Reminds me of a slower PD. Also have to agree this is the closest to a TB I've seen. But I personally like it way more. I'm interested to see how it'll break in. That's the most important test for me

This is a great disc for sure. Reminds me of a slower PD. Also have to agree this is the closest to a TB I've seen. But I personally like it way more. I'm interested to see how it'll break in. That's the most important test for me

I will definately be able to let people know how these are breaking in...I am throwing this thing a lot! In all those moments when I think to myself "do I throw the teebird and end up short of the pin, or reach for the saint and glide to far past the pin"...the saint pro comes up. "if I cant reach a hole with a teebird, but dont want to risk turnover from the wind with my saint, saint pro comes out again. this is what people were hoping the stag was going to be

Latest posts