• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient discs changing a course in Orangeburg SC

Thanks you for the update. The course in noted as unplayable on the site now because of the redesign so glad to hear it is playable. The U shaped hole I think is the same design as what was used at the 2012 FOR which was not well thought out and similar to a putt putt hole minus the clowns which I am surprised they would have kept. Hopefully they moved the target away from the crepe myrtles as well. I was really hoping for the double mando hole to be gone as I am surprised there is still a gap between the trees. Also, did they keep the hole with the overgrown crepe myrtles that appeared to have never been trimmed since installation (#14?)? That could be such a great hole but maintenance was not a priority.

I'm not totally sure which crepe myrtles you're talking about, but I didn't see any overgrown crepe myrtles; as far as the question regarding baskets being secured, a few pins had been moved but they were playable and didn't have any issues holding a putt; I'm assuming they'll be properly secured later on.

Maybe I'm naive about Orangeburg, but Salient hasn't figured out they could use the club to help with labor... and the club hasn't figured out they could use Salient to get things done at city hall?

This is seriously ridiculous. Is there at least one person in each group that knows how to negotiate a deal?

Yea Salient's buned so many bridges in SC at this point that their reputation may be worse there than the rest of the country.

They don't play well with others even if the redesign is a good thing. Communicating with the club for a positive resolution is not going to happen.

So once the redesign is finished who are they going to expect to keep it clean and maintained?

All their new friends, of course.

In one post on the subject, Salient said that the "locals....should be grateful to Salient for leading the way..." Which is exactly the kind of charm and persuasion that will inspire the Orangeburg players to see the light and embrace the course, and the revisions they didn't want.

Of course, the reality is that eventually the players will work on the course, as they have in the past. It's the only course in town, and---unless they get the changes reversed---they'll end up playing it, and doing work to keep it playable. New players will come along who didn't know the original course, and will adopt the revised course as their own.

I wouldn't look for their names on the Salient Squad, though.

All their new friends, of course.

In one post on the subject, Salient said that the "locals....should be grateful to Salient for leading the way..." Which is exactly the kind of charm and persuasion that will inspire the Orangeburg players to see the light and embrace the course, and the revisions they didn't want.

Of course, the reality is that eventually the players will work on the course, as they have in the past. It's the only course in town, and---unless they get the changes reversed---they'll end up playing it, and doing work to keep it playable. New players will come along who didn't know the original course, and will adopt the revised course as their own.

I wouldn't look for their names on the Salient Squad, though.

Scenario 1: The locals reject the course and it degrades. Salient's response: We gave your such a wonderful course and look what you did to it!

Scenario 2: The locals accept the course and maintain it. Salient's response: We are God's gift to disc golf! Embrace the gospel!!!

Either way... :wall: