• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient HELIX Bag

Just got my Helix today, had to take take it out for a late day round! Got 14 in before dark, the Helix felt so light on my back with 27 discs, compared to my usual Innova bag with 19 discs! Can't wait to break her in further!!

Comfort:
The Helix bag is very comfortable for a bag of this size, and feels great when compared to the Prodiscus bag. Much less bulky and sits better on your back. However, I feel that the Prodiscus would beat the Helix in comfort when it's not completely full, because the dividers allow you to prevent discs from shifting in the main storage compartment.
Have you (or anybody) noticed that the bottom edge of the Prodiscus is pressing against your lower back? And does Helix suffer from this?

I've had Prodiscus for years but right from the beginning I had to cut away a piece out of the plastic sheet under the discs. About 2 inches from the center to nothing from the sides. What I've talked to Prodiscus owners some of them notice this and some of the don't.

At this point the bottom part of my Prodiscus bag (the original large) is falling apart. I like the bag mostly otherwise but seeing no changes in the design I don't want to go that way anymore. My current top2 replacement candidates are Helix and Latitude64 Luxury Bag as I need to carry ~30 discs in addition to bunch of other stuff. Unfortunately the closest shop which has these is three hours away (I live in Finland).

Have you (or anybody) noticed that the bottom edge of the Prodiscus is pressing against your lower back? And does Helix suffer from this?

I have noticed this in my Helix a little. Maybe it is my height (I am 6'4") or the way I carry the bag, but the plastic backing does hit my lower back which causes some discomfort. I am working on a fix before I cut it. Hopefully it works as I do not want to modify the structure of the bag and void my lifetime warranty.

^yep. more padding or something was suppose to fix that in future runs but not sure what or if anything has been changed yet.

Thanks for the info. I guess I will have to wait until I can try one myself.

I am going use part of a pool noodle to give the lower back portion some padding so it will sit slightly off my back.

I have already used part of the pool noodle to custom fit the divider insert from my FADE tourney bag inside the Helix. I like how it holds the discs tighter and allows me to use to dividers if I would like to.

Got my helix on Tuesday. We've been getting snow storms so I haven't been able to taken it out. I've loaded it up and tried it out around the house. Its better built than I had expected AMD also a bit heavier. I'm very hopeful about this bag.

Took it out for a quick 9 yesterday and really like the bag. A lot. My 3 quibbles

1. No divider in main section. Partially my own fault as I knew it would be a bit to much bag than I needed so not a biggie here.

2. Bag swings around to your side if you 1 strap it for short walks.

3. The part of the bag with the embroidered logo between the top pouch and quick access pockets isn't real sturdy. It collapses down. Its a little sloppy looking, but more of a form not function gripe. (I'll attach a pic)

Other than those, I really like the bag.

Attachments

• IMG_20150308_105714.jpg
    IMG_20150308_105714.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 81
Im going to be getting a helix at the end of the month when i get my tax return and am very excited by the reviews ive seen and posts on here. i was thining of getting a grip but the helix is a grip bag on steroids and i cant wait. i just wish the sale going on was going to be going on at the end of the month. anyways what are some modification suggestions that people might have for the bag?

3. The part of the bag with the embroidered logo between the top pouch and quick access pockets isn't real sturdy. It collapses down. Its a little sloppy looking, but more of a form not function gripe. (I'll attach a pic).

I think if you kept the go-get-it slot divider in it would help. I have my divider in with 4 putters (3 Judges and a Sinus) and it fits fine. I also carry 3 Judges in the top as well and it doesn't sage that much.

I couldn't fit those all in there with the divider, but one is just an extra back up and was think about pulling tobout and putting the divider back in. Thanks!

Pretty Disappointed

Well, Pretty sweet.... was digging this bag, but then this happened. Strap just broke on me, right in the middle of the first round of my tournament on Sunday. Have only had this bag a month and of course don't remember where I put my warranty card for it :thmbdown::wall:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 159
what dimensions do you want? inside compartment, back side, side pockets? Can get them for you no problem.

Helix

what dimensions do you want? inside compartment, back side, side pockets? Can get them for you no problem.

Was mainly wanting the outside dimensions. Height, width and depth. Was wanting to compare the size to my Halo bag.
Just bought a used one and wont get it until sometime next week.Thanks.

Well, Pretty sweet.... was digging this bag, but then this happened. Strap just broke on me, right in the middle of the first round of my tournament on Sunday. Have only had this bag a month and of course don't remember where I put my warranty card for it :thmbdown::wall:

Whales make sure to shoot [email protected] an email and at least let us know what happened. I am sorry that this happened to you. I personally have not seen this issue before but maybe a seamstress can fix it up for you for $10-$15 dollars. We still like to know about these things though so we can keep an eye on it in the future.

strap broke on a Salient bag? noooooo wayyyyyy

So I am not trying to start any firestorms or anything, just kind of wondering...if its only been a month surely there is some record that he has the warranty on the bag, why not get a new bag if that is the case or at least get it fixed at no charge? That is what a warranty is for isn't it? Don't know all the details but that seems kind of shady if you ask me.

Shady is the wrong word so I'm sorry. I guess I should have said a sorry way to run customer service and warranty claims. I get everyone does it their own ways, just seems wrong to me.

Shady is the wrong word so I'm sorry. I guess I should have said a sorry way to run customer service and warranty claims. I get everyone does it their own ways, just seems wrong to me.

I have no idea if he has even contacted Salient to explain the situation. I tell everyone this is the first step they should take so until then customer service has not really done anything official until contacted by the buyer.

Latest posts