• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sarah Hokum in a car accident...

I am supposing so.... She got in the crash and still played after, even after missing the first two holes. I think from the sounds of things on the interweb, someone started this gofundme page to help ease her mind so she can try and focus on finishing worlds and not have to worry about $$$ right now. My guess, anyway.

From the page:

"Sarah was involved in a nasty car wreck on her way to the course at the world disc golf championships on Friday.

"Her car was totaled, her eye is...well...you see.

"She missed the first two holes, which cost her a 5 stroke lead and put her 3 strokes behind. She showed up late but kept her head, and played phenomenally.

"Let's put a few bucks in her account to deal with the aftermath so she can focus on golf."

"Let's put a few bucks in her account to deal with the aftermath so she can focus on golf."

That's what auto insurance is for. So what is the GoFundMe campaign for - covering her deductible, compensation for the eight stroke penalty, a means to make her feel better?

Pretty sure it's just a nice gesture. As we know pro disc golfing isn't exactly making these players rich.

Showed a lot of heart and will to compete. Really becoming a Sarah Hokom fan.

Can someone loan me a dollar? I've only got .12 cents in my Paypal and I need .92 cents to buy something. I just need to sell some things then I'll send you $5 in return. lol :popcorn:

I posed the question about what the money will be for to all my friends who are posting the link.

BUT at least this seems much more worthy than that guy that wanted to buy McBeth a bag at the Memorial. I'm betting Sarah Hokum takes down her second Worlds anyway. That's a great sports story, right there.

I hope she is ok. I totaled my car a few months ago and have been recovering slowly. It was terrible. So I can relate, as a disc golfer. The worst part is not being able to disc golf when the weather is nice!

Sending my best to you, Sarah! Here's to a speedy recovery. Get well soon!

Can someone loan me a dollar? I've only got .12 cents in my Paypal and I need .92 cents to buy something. I just need to sell some things then I'll send you $5 in return. lol :popcorn:

settle down wareagle.

Latest posts