• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Say Good bye to 2010...favorite memories

1. Playing in Feldberg's group in a $5 random doubles game and getting some real helpful advice. :D
2. Discovering this site.
3. Favourite thread - Pick the most stable disc - Thanks to this I now have to guess what someone means when they say, "more stable". :p

:doh:

And how could I forget? 'Poth's disc golf thong thread was pretty epic! :D

Meeting lots of cool people on here and from here to in person!

Meeting Olorin with his plunger while he was training for his World Record!
Catching a round with BillnChristy in ATL.
Learning SO MUCH!!! i.e. Discing Down and the 'other' disc manufacturers....My mentors Brother D, CFair, Techno, Lithicon, Frankie D and of course our helpful consultants Chuck, Garublador, and ThreePutt
Seeing Apothecary with his shirt off....alot!
LMAO at Juke, Discpicable, Zenbutt and even Bill sometimes!
And last but not least, seeing my rating improve 30 points since I started reading and learning here. That was only 5 months ago....I hope to see it go up more as I continue learning about slower discs and improving my putting! :clap:

2010 was a year of disc golf for me. meet up with some awesome people in FLIP.. played some amazing round with some good DGCR buddies in the midwest and then said good bye to that and had and amazing trip across I80 to my new residence in California where winter disc golf is great... can't wait for the next year.....

This year I've met over 20 folks from here, some of whom have become good friends, and that has definitely been the biggest highlight. It all started with guiding DSCJNKY around Rankin Lake at 7am when it was about 20 degrees out back in January. I enjoyed every bit of it, and I promise, BroD, I won't eat Jack In the Box next time.

I got to meet pretty much every top player in the world while volunteering at the USDGC, US Doubles, and the President's Cup, and even made an appearance in the documentary about the President's Cup.

I got to go on a week+ dg roadtrip, culminating in a trip to the IDGC. I've played over 50 courses this year, most for the first time, and (finally) got a Bronze TR Medal. Then, just yesterday, my DGCR Eagles showed up in my mailbox.

Oh yeah, I lost my job and had to close up my business back in June, so it's a bit of a mixed bag. Next year's gonna be great, though. I can't wait.

got an ace with a groove... haven't heard of anyone doin that

I had an ace with a Groove as well!

My 2010 memory is 4 aces this past year...considering that I had 1 in 20 plus years of playing prior, I am very happy with that!

Ace 1- Hole 3 at Burke Lake with a Groove- skip ace!
Ace 2- Hole 11 at Giles Run with an Orc
Ace 3- Hole 1 at Pohick with a Mako, on the very first throw with it ever!
Ace 4- Hole 10 at Giles Run, Playing Red Tee to White (pro) Basket, on a super windy day. Using an Xcaliber for the skip ace in front of two witnesses

Here's to 8 in '11!

Last edited:
I became a TR this year, played several new courses, met 1 DGCR member ('cjc), and greatly improved my game with many thanks from this site

Oh, I also really enjoyed making the Adventures in Lego Disc Golf videos during my shoulder injury and rehab time. Those were a lot of fun. I need to get on the ball and make a few more before spring. :)

Oh, I also really enjoyed making the Adventures in Lego Disc Golf videos during my shoulder injury and rehab time. Those were a lot of fun. I need to get on the ball and make a few more before spring. :)

Please do, Juke!

The community here is just cool....I mean, of course, we can get testy at times (what family doesn't), but for the most part it's just a good group of golfers having fun!!!

I started playing disc golf, and luckily found this sight pretty soon after. I changed from throwing a DX starfire with a frisbee index-on-rim grip to using putters up to about 230, and fairway drivers to about 300. Thanks to everyone on this site for posting all the helpful stuff i've read!

Those were great!!!

My favorite memes...

-playing 9 new courses on a 3 week road trip (all in CA, 4+ not listed here)

-designing a 18h course on the fly, Westgard Pass, Inyo mts. CA.
Geology Field camp <--my job to throw discs in the desert:)

I just bought a Star Katana. First Round using it. I was playing a course in the Dayton Area (Englewood). If anyone knows it, it was from #5 Tee Pad. Anyway, I meant to throw an anny but let go of the disc flat into a pretty hefty headwind. The disc Traveled 450' easy! I don't ever throw near that. For those of you who know the hole I am talking about, The disc landed in the middle of the FW for #1!!

Sounds good except the hole I was playing was a Dog-Leg RIGHT that turns about 300' out. I over shot the turn by 150'

The Headwind just lifted that disc and held it up there forever. Amazing!

I would also say the road trip we took this year from Dayton Ohio to Dundee Michigan. 6 Courses in two days. It was our first road trip and will definitely not be our last.

2010 was a great year as far as discing. Moved up to MA1, played 4 tourneys and won two. Open in 2011 and hope to improve even more. As far as the memories on this site..... alot of good reading and did a bunch of trading with zero issues as always.

I love how this has turned into the 'I got an ace with a Groove' thread! It's probably just a matter of so many being sold, but I best go pick one up, just to be sure :thmbup:

Just started playing DG this summer and shortly thereafter found DGCR. Picked up SO many good tips! And it's just cool to have a place to share milestones or just whatever little (usu stupid in my case) anecdote from the course on any given day.

Funny, nobody mentioned WorldsCoolestGuy's thread where he left a prize hidden on a course and revealed its location for the first person to snatch up...it inspired me to do likewise at my course, although whoever found it never chimed in on the thread so it was probably a non-DGCR golfer. Got my Silver TR mini, too! My favorite new addition to the site is the Travel Tags map...can't wait to start trading, and now that my son knows what this new DGCR fad is all about, it sounds like he wants one, too!

My personal highlights were finally deucing the last 3 holes I needed to deuce at my home course, LTC (#3, #5, and #14)...now I just need to deuce every hole in the same round! I didn't progress much technique-wise, but then again I played fewer rounds this year than I have since probably 2005, thanks to having a baby in late 2009. Finally made it to Flip City--twice! I finally placed in the top one-third at a tourney (Rec division). I also quit smoking (cigarettes), so my rounds after September were both agonizing and refreshing.