• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Say Good bye to 2010...favorite memories

Several popular courses sang their swan song in 2010. Nothing around here, fortunately...I just thought I'd mention this 'cause I was just going through my ginormous wish list deleting courses that have since gone extinct since I added them.

What courses is everyone mourning the 2010 passing of?

Emerald Isle in Oceanside CA. I never got to play it and this year I started making trips every couple months to within 15 minutes of the extinct course. Real bummed I never got to play it.

2010 brought me to the PDGA. They sent me an envelope full of ants and ant eggs, not sure how that happened. I played in my first tournament and went DNF because I was on call for work. I had my first 2 aces less than a month apart, neither of which was a cubby. This is the first year I have actually played disc golf with the intention of playing better, and this site has been very helpful with a lot of aspects of my game. Thanks guys! Looking forward to many more years of posting mostly nonsense.

Getting the opportunity to play Flip City and Highbridge Hills was awesome! I really ignored a LOT of people in my life to play some good DG..:D I couldn't be happier.

Some of my favorite things that happened here this year were finding 200 new places to play, meeting up with some fun people around the Chicago area through the Illianasconsinigan meetup thread, and getting to Diamond TR.

I finally met my goal of 80 played in 10 states. I think I am at 87 in 12 states, but I have a Christmas Roadtrip from DC to FL coming up.

after 2 yrs of playing I finally got my 1st 2 Aces.....1st in a Tournament, 2nd in casual play with my son.

Emerald Isle in Oceanside CA. I never got to play it and this year I started making trips every couple months to within 15 minutes of the extinct course. Real bummed I never got to play it.

emerald isle rocked ,miss the 3 over the lake drives

damn san diego disc golfers and their pent-up rage. that course was taken out because of eh-holes doing doughnuts on their $20k greens...:mad:

a real bummer that they took the course out. it was a doosey. i played it a couple of times and my arm was jello by hole 15 or so each time.

*Meeting up with Jukeshoe at France (aka Freedom) Park and being mercilessly beaten by both the course and Juke every time.

*Debating politics all year long with everybody, but especially Frank.

*Prodding Pink Elephant to harass Juke until he let Frank into the Land of Fill, which ultimately led to Juke destroying the place.

- got about 15 people into the sport that now play daily

- got my first 4 aces

- entered my first tournament and got 1st

- met my goals of throwing 500+ and putting with confidence

i was proud to be a part of a special group of dgcr-heads that got together once a week, for a year and counting. 2 weeks to the sunday socal meetup groups first anniversary.:) open to everyone, playing a different course and different format every week.

probably the most fun this site has enabled for me.:thmbup:

I know I'll probably here some jokes about this, but my favorite memories have been with Apothecary.

He has showed me so much on how to improve my game. For that, it is memorable and I am grateful.

Latest posts