• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Scorecard "Booklet"

iacas

* Ace Member *
I saw a player recently with a firm (so you could write on it easily) scorecard holder that had a slot for a pencil.

It looked like a little book. It was still very small, but not like the leather scorecard holders they have for golf - as I said, it was firm. It didn't just have a clipboard in it or anything either.

Anyone know where you can find such a thing? Or does everyone just use a miniature clipboard?

Didn't Discraft have something like that in this years ace race?

Didn't Discraft have something like that in this years ace race?

The Ace Race scorecard is 6.5" x 3.75" and is plenty stiff enough to use without a clipboard. I tested it out, and it erases easily with a pencil and clean eraser.

The Ace Race scorecard is 6.5" x 3.75" and is plenty stiff enough to use without a clipboard. I tested it out, and it erases easily with a pencil and clean eraser.

Yes, but I'm not asking about that. I'm asking about a booklet or wallet type thing that you can use to put a tournament (paper) scorecard in along with a pencil and then tuck into a pocket on your bag or pants.

Just google "golf scorecard holder", there are plenty of them. Should be no problem finding exactly what you want. If you need some reusable scorecards for it, let me know I am pretty sure I can hook you up.........jerry

Just google "golf scorecard holder", there are plenty of them. Should be no problem finding exactly what you want. If you need some reusable scorecards for it, let me know I am pretty sure I can hook you up.........jerry

Jerry is the man for reusable scorecards. They are great and even work in the rain.

I'm guessing it was my little folder you saw when we played together at PFDO. Its actually a prescription pad cover. I got it at a garage sale of a guy who sells pharmaceuticals and gives away sample pens (and I guess pad covers) to doctor's offices. Wish I had bought a bunch cause they were really cheap. The real ones are way more expensive.

Yes, but I'm not asking about that. I'm asking about a booklet or wallet type thing that you can use to put a tournament (paper) scorecard in along with a pencil and then tuck into a pocket on your bag or pants.

Yes, but I was not responding to you. :D

I would just go cheap and buy a mini clipboard. Or use my hand as a clipboard. Lol.
But I bet you're not the type of guy who goes cheap. :p

I use an old beat up flat dx Valkyrie with a small clip glued/duct taped inside the rim. Makes an awesome, thin clipboard, and slips easily between the inside wall of my bag and the disc frame inside. :hfive:

I use an old beat up flat dx Valkyrie with a small clip glued/duct taped inside the rim. Makes an awesome, thin clipboard, and slips easily between the inside wall of my bag and the disc frame inside. :hfive:

Love it! Will be building my own with possibly taking apart an old clipboard and pop riveting it to the inside of a disc. Brainstorming a couple pen holder ideas too :hfive:

I saw a player recently with a firm (so you could write on it easily) scorecard holder that had a slot for a pencil.

It looked like a little book. It was still very small, but not like the leather scorecard holders they have for golf - as I said, it was firm. It didn't just have a clipboard in it or anything either.

Anyone know where you can find such a thing? Or does everyone just use a miniature clipboard?

Don't you use already, or have access to a yardage book cover golfers use? Try to get you one of those!

Love it! Will be building my own with possibly taking apart an old clipboard and pop riveting it to the inside of a disc. Brainstorming a couple pen holder ideas too :hfive:

^^^ That's what I'm talkin about. :hfive:

has been done already
i got the idea from the mini-clipboard thread :hfive:

Attachments

• magnet clipboard.jpg
    magnet clipboard.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I'm guessing it was my little folder you saw when we played together at PFDO.

It was similar to that. The one I'm talking about was at the PGA in Rochester, though. I imagine seeing yours jogged my memory of that.

I'll look into prescription pad covers. That seems like the ticket. Everything with "scorecard holder" is the floppy leather stuff, which I've already got plenty of from golf.

Thank you.

But I bet you're not the type of guy who goes cheap. :p

No. No I'm not. :)

Edit:
Don't you use already, or have access to a yardage book cover golfers use? Try to get you one of those!

I do, and I have several, but those are floppy. The rigidity in those come from the yardage books, AimPoint charts, etc. that you stick inside. I could put a piece of plexiglass inside one, but that seems hackish and, as BigSky noted, I'm not really like that. :)

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of the one I am using. It says "Genuine Leather" on the back, so I guess it's a little nicer than I realized. I can't find one online for less than $30 but I know I didn't pay more than $2 at the garage sale.

I like the disc idea too. Now that I've got the PF Contender I've got lots of room for that. :hfive:

Attachments

• Cover Closed.jpg
    Cover Closed.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Cover Open.jpg
    Cover Open.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Cover Paper.jpg
    Cover Paper.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 37
^that looks pretty nifty.

Anyone ever seen a dry erase score card? I'd like something the size of my reusable scorecard but more rigid (so that I can glue some velcro to the back and to the bag).

has anyone used one of these Card Caddie Scorecard Holders?
it looks pretty good, and it's pretty inexpensive also

I used that exact one for a year or so but that was before I started playing tournaments. If the score card is doubled over it holds it tight. I used to use index cards and they would fall out if I didn't use two or fold it at the top. It was decent, but after snapping back many times the plastic pencil holder and the retractor broke. I prefer to use one that stays inside the bag.

Anyone ever seen a dry erase score card? I'd like something the size of my reusable scorecard but more rigid (so that I can glue some velcro to the back and to the bag).

Never seen one, but it seems like it would rub off too easily. Maybe you could just glue a harder sheet of plastic or metal to your reusable scorecard.