• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Selah and DFW

GMSdrum

Bogey Member
Taking a short road trip from southeast Texas -
Day 1 - planning to hit both Selah Ranch courses starting around 9am, then still make it to the Dallas area with enough time for another round. Possibly an easier/shorter course for my old arms.
Day 2 - definitely want to hit Lester Lorch and Harry Myers.
Day 3 - have to pick someone up at Love airport by 11 am so only time for one, maybe two rounds if the courses aren't too far away.

Suggestions for other quality courses in the area. Fun factor and nice scenery is more important to us than long or very difficult courses. I'd also appreciate motel suggestions that would keep us in the best areas for courses. Thanks!

I thought Crossroads was better than Lester lorch and Harry Myers.

Taking a short road trip from southeast Texas -
Day 1 - planning to hit both Selah Ranch courses starting around 9am, then still make it to the Dallas area with enough time for another round. Possibly an easier/shorter course for my old arms.
<you'll be coming in on the highway that passes by The Cedars (shorter) or Harry Myers (better course, has short tees)>
Day 2 - definitely want to hit Lester Lorch and Harry Myers.
<too far apart, hit all 3 courses in Cedar Hill instead, Veterans in Arlington isn't too far either>
Day 3 - have to pick someone up at Love airport by 11 am so only time for one, maybe two rounds if the courses aren't too far away.
<Love is probabaly closest to Turner or Fritz Park, recently expanded to 18 holes or you can hit the 2 courses in Carrollton and use the North Dallas Tollway to get to Love in time>

Suggestions for other quality courses in the area. Fun factor and nice scenery is more important to us than long or very difficult courses.
<really aren't any 'scenic' courses here :thmbdown:>
I'd also appreciate motel suggestions that would keep us in the best areas for courses. Thanks!
<For the ones I listed you might want to change hotels after the first night - stay in the Northeast area like Garland/Mesquite the first night then move to Irving or similar centrtal location (tons of hotels on the Dallas side of DFW airport, both north and south but south cheaper)

PM if you want any more info, would be glad to help since I never get to go actually throw anymore

If you're up near Selah it would be a shame to not visit the Trey Texas Ranch courses. Very, very quality, and offer tons of diversity. Only 15 minutes or so from Selah.

Personally I'd leave a full day to enjoy Selah. If you want to maximize your course bagging, though, the Trey Ranch courses off the best chance to do that on the same day as your Selah visit.

Thanks for the thoughts - might be reworking the plan to include Selah and Trey, all 4 in one day. Can that be done? How long does it take to play those courses (using golf carts)? I have long legs haha but it's going to be hot so I know we can't push it too fast.

You will have to super beast it to play all four. Better tee off at the crack of dawn!

I think your wasting a trip to selah if your gonna be in a rush to be somewhere else that afternnon Hangout there all day,.play ad much as you can. Worry about Dallas another time.

Trey and Twist don't have carts, and the terrain is more grueling than Selah, I SERIOUSLY doubt you could play all 4 in 1 day and enjoy yourself. The courses at Trey should be in relatively good shape, they just had an event there last weekend, and they are both really great courses. The family that runs Trey/Twist is incredible, so nice and fun to be around.

Another member here and I are going, but staying the night to give each its own day. If we can schedule it that is. Pretty stoked and hope my shoulder can handle it.

Latest posts