• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Sexton FB's

SuperWookie

Birdie Member
Quick question for anyone that knows. What is the deal with the Sexton FB and it being sold out in like 2 secs yesterday? Is this some sort of super rare limited edition version or is it just because Covid is causing production delays?

And In general, in non Covid times, is it easy to pick and chose a color/weight of a Sexton FB, or are they always made in super limited quantities and gone in mins?

And what is the retail price of this disc right now? Not what retailers are marking it up too, but what is it's actual price before they mark it up?

Thanks

Always been a tough get but at least you had a legit chance a few years back. Now with the influx of new players and how collectible these things are its almost impossible to snag one at retail. Usually all max weight as well from my limited knowledge, haven't seen too many under max. Only available at retail through Innova proshop in limited quantities.

Hmmm, interesting. Had no idea a disc could be so popular while still in production. Also seems weird that Innova doesn't make more of them, if they're so popular. I always thought the point of a business is to make a lot of money. And if everyone wants them, why not make more and make more money AND make everyone happy?

Thanks for the info

Sexton Firebirds and Halo discs are all the rage right now, people paying big money for both. Not the discs are any better, or fly any different, but they are the new collectible.

I think the biggest issue with the drops from Innova is that you are allowed to buy 60 discs in one order.

Atleast the drops are kind of predictable. They have droped on Tuesdays and Fridays at approximately the same time for the last two weeks. The latest drop sold out in 7 minutes. I refreshed the site for 3 minutes untill they dropped on Tuesday. Was lucky and scooped a few. If you look at the posts on their facebookpage you can see the previous timestamps.

Remember to log in and have all your detalis entered in account settings before the drop. This makes the check out process faster and smoother.

Last edited:
Yeah pretty ridiculous that they have a 60 disc limit. Who needs that many? It should be a 2 disc limit, which is more than enough for any one person, and would give everyone a reasonable chance of getting one, instead of paying $80+ for a "scalped" Firebird.

Yeah pretty ridiculous that they have a 60 disc limit. Who needs that many? It should be a 2 disc limit, which is more than enough for any one person, and would give everyone a reasonable chance of getting one, instead of paying $80+ for a "scalped" Firebird.

I don't think they care about the number of people that get them, just the number of discs that get sold. Probably saves on shipping processing the way they are doing it. 1 disc to 60 people, or 60 discs to 1 person, same amount of plastic sold. Also probably helps keep demand high for the next drop.

They look cool AF but I have never understood this level of hype. As far as Firebirds go the flight most Sexons have is basically the same as a max weight Star IMO.

Back in my day (I'm not even a true vet compared to some users on here) discs weren't collectors until they went OOP. Even then not all "rare" discs were worth anything:|

Did anyone pay over retail for a Champion Valkyrie (CE) in 2002? Nope.

Stupid new age "limited edition" marketing. Reminds me of my kids toys a few years ago a la Hatchimals:wall:

Everybody knows that already from prodigy's easy to decipher naming system. Plus H1V2 sounds way more badass than Firebird. :gross:

Everybody knows that already from prodigy's easy to decipher naming system. Plus H1V2 sounds way more badass than Firebird. :gross:

You must have a smarter guy with you when shopping for discs because the flight numbers are scary and complicated.

Innova factory store drops them on the site around 5pm pacific time. When they go live there are a lot available. I'd start checking around 4:30 and be logged in already. I was able to easily snag a couple-few last week. Theyve been putting a ton up each time.

Innova factory store drops them on the site around 5pm pacific time. When they go live there are a lot available. I'd start checking around 4:30 and be logged in already. I was able to easily snag a couple-few last week. Theyve been putting a ton up each time.

Thanks for all the explaining everyone. A lot of this is so ridiculous, haha, and I don't even NEED one. I just wanted to get a few to try them out, as a new disc golf buddy has some and they're so much better than the std champ version.

So I thought I'd pick one up. But didn't realize it's just like the Discmania hype BS, haha. Didn't know I had to get in line and HOPE I get one, like I'm buying some super rare Air Jordan release or something :rolleyes:

So are there going to be more drops of this Sexton FB coming up soon? Someone mentioned they've done drops every Tuesday and Friday at the same time lately. Are they going to drop more Sexton FBs today?

And where does it tell me when they are going to drop these and when? Do I need to follow some insta or twitter or fb page to know when they drop the Sexton FB's? Thanks

Thanks for all the explaining everyone. A lot of this is so ridiculous, haha, and I don't even NEED one. I just wanted to get a few to try them out, as a new disc golf buddy has some and they're so much better than the std champ version.

So I thought I'd pick one up. But didn't realize it's just like the Discmania hype BS, haha. Didn't know I had to get in line and HOPE I get one, like I'm buying some super rare Air Jordan release or something :rolleyes:

So are there going to be more drops of this Sexton FB coming up soon? Someone mentioned they've done drops every Tuesday and Friday at the same time lately. Are they going to drop more Sexton FBs today?

And where does it tell me when they are going to drop these and when? Do I need to follow some insta or twitter or fb page to know when they drop the Sexton FB's? Thanks

I haven't thrown one, but the infinite discs scepter is allegedly a very close analog. I held one the other day and the color glow plastic does feel amazing. They're also very flat.

Regardless of how true this is, that this is the general perception basically answers your question for you. Extremely popular player/all around disc golf eminence, plus a great disc, means demand well outstrips supply.

As we've seen with Discmania's teething problems over the last two years, supply is not a simple matter to increase. Dedicate your production line to Sexton FBs, and watch all of your retailers who are wholesale customers suffer even more. Plus, they have contracts to fulfill.

Innova is still the leader, and they'd like to keep it that way by ensuring that this large, new generation of disc golfers is hooked on their molds and their plastic. Not to mention that Walmart isn't known for their kindness and understanding when it comes to missing out on agreed to delivery timelines.

they're so much better than the std champ version.

They fill a particular slot fairly well. I usually carry two Champ Firebirds: one FAF and one seasoned. The average Sexton FB can fill the second slot, but my seasoned X-Out from ~2014-2015 does pretty much the same thing and cost a fraction of the price. I buy Sexton FBs in support of the player, just like any other tour series disc. They are an excellent thrower; however, there are other premium plastic FBs that fly substantially the same for most folks, are less expensive, and easier to get.

They fill a particular slot fairly well. I usually carry two Champ Firebirds: one FAF and one seasoned. The average Sexton FB can fill the second slot, but my seasoned X-Out from ~2014-2015 does pretty much the same thing and cost a fraction of the price. I buy Sexton FBs in support of the player, just like any other tour series disc. They are an excellent thrower; however, there are other premium plastic FBs that fly substantially the same for most folks, are less expensive, and easier to get.

Oh ok, so what other FB's should I be looking at that are great throwing discs that can be worked? I have a luster champ that is a SUPER meat hook that I just can't throw for much distance. At my distance right now, it's just a utility disc, haha.

But when I threw my buddies Sexton FB, it was a lot easier to get distance on. It still fades left in a very noticeable manner, but it was definitely a better disc than my meat hook.

FWIW I like star firebirds with a little dome, 166-169 as a Sexton FB (or more specifically, color glow) option.

I actually sought the stars out for my wintertime bag for a little extra grip and sure enough, they jive with my game better anyway. Picked up an extra for year round play. I bag a color glow (it's actually an Alex G tour series) or mellow star, and a FAF FB.

Latest posts