• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shallow Putter?

I know the Dart and Yeti Pro Aviar are pretty low profile, but dunno how overstable you want it?

I think even the Rhyno and Pig are lower profile than the Wizard, but not 100% on that.

I was gonna say the Dart, but its been said, but today i was comparing my friends dart to my Omega supersofts, and I would say they feel very similar on the bottom, and both shallow.

the summit from vibram is supposedly shallow, but I haven't personally felt it up

I frequently putt with a soft Summit. The rim is very shallow and the flight path is similar to the Magic or Pure. If he's going to use Vibram, a Ridge would be a closer fit to the Wizard he's using now.

I went through this phase. I went to Rhynos, loved them but needed something straighter as I started to drive more and became a torque monkey again.

Tried out a Lat 64 Pure, really liked it. No where local stocks them and never got around to trying a Zeroline and went back to wizards. Really did like them and they're worth checking out.

Just make sure you get a Zero and Grip version. Really straight and pure(hyuk) on 200-230 ft drives.

edit : should clarify. Pure's aren't all that shallow, but felt alot moreso than my Wizards

Last edited:
IDK why people say the Yeti is "low profile", it's the same as my KC and Aviar Driver.

Cuz it's from the horse's mouth ;)
http://innovadiscs.com/discs/putt-and-approach-discs/yeti-pro-aviar.html said:
The Yeti Pro Aviar is for Big Bead Aviar lovers looking for a straight flying putter with a lower profile.

Also, profile doesn't just mean rim depth, it also includes shoulder height and dome.

Because Innova would never hype anything...

Oh the Transcend is a good mid stability driving putter with a really shallow rim.

XD and it goes crazy straight so you don't have to aim as much right if you are right handed.

I looked at several the other day, the flight plate was as flat as any of the other Aviars as far as I can tell?
Then you've been hit by Innova's quality control and got a faulty Yeti. They're supposed to have sunken flight plates.

XD and it goes crazy straight so you don't have to aim as much right if you are right handed.

I have an XD, but it must be one of them "right-handed" discs.

My short list of shallow-rimmed putters, in order of preference:
Magic
Summit
Classic Roc
XD