• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Sheriff

Dang, sounds like the current run is far less OS than the protos were...

Dang, sounds like the current run is far less OS than the protos were...

Well there was a huge difference between your "closer to Bosses" and my "seasoned Katana" comparison. I've bag a 159 Bliz Katana that's more stable than the Sheriff I threw and unless there's a decent headwind a fresh boss shouldn't be turning right off the shelf.

I heard a report from a trusted source that saw my bud throwing the pink proto I tested. The guy normally throws Katanas and 450' isn't uncommon. I was told he was pushing 500' with the proto sheriff. Maybe it was just a great throw but the potential is there.

Point being, the protos are got are not faster trespasses. Much more OS than a trespass. Though I have not thrown the current stock run, I would say they are probably a bit less OS. Also if the rumor is true that the proto mold broke, it would make sense they are more OS

Threw my sheriff a few times in the field today (Lucid 175). Had a decent wind (~10mph). Keep in mind I throw a Saint consistently about 350 and a bolt well past 375 but less consistent.

The sheriff stood up to the headwind well with a a predictable turn. Finished with a decently strong fade.

Felt great in the hand and didn't seem to be too terribly nose angle sensitive, at least not as much as the bolt.

Didn't have a feel for the distances I was throwing but it came out fast and had that lovely trilogy glide. I think it will definitely make the bag as a more predictable distance driver when I have less margin for error than the bolt can give me.

Threw my sheriff a few times in the field today (Lucid 175). Had a decent wind (~10mph). Keep in mind I throw a Saint consistently about 350 and a bolt well past 375 but less consistent.

The sheriff stood up to the headwind well with a a predictable turn. Finished with a decently strong fade.

Felt great in the hand and didn't seem to be too terribly nose angle sensitive, at least not as much as the bolt.

Didn't have a feel for the distances I was throwing but it came out fast and had that lovely trilogy glide. I think it will definitely make the bag as a more predictable distance driver when I have less margin for error than the bolt can give me.

have you ever thrown the Biofuzion Defender? and did it fly similarly since i know Biofuzion is less stable than Lucid or Fuzion. Starting to get into DD and wasn't sure about this slot for drivers and using something more OS than a trespass

have you ever thrown the Biofuzion Defender? and did it fly similarly since i know Biofuzion is less stable than Lucid or Fuzion. Starting to get into DD and wasn't sure about this slot for drivers and using something more OS than a trespass

Sorry man, never threw a defender. I will let others who have chime in on the comparison.

Having said that, I feel like the sheriff would provide a slight workable turn at driving power from 325 up to about 400, after that I would bet it could get a little flippy. Not to say it would be useless over 400, just a different animal.

I feel like the sheriff would provide a slight workable turn at driving power from 325 up to about 400, after that I would bet it could get a little flippy. Not to say it would be useless over 400, just a different animal.

thats the max for me so it might work for what i'm looking at, but hopefully someone else can chime in that has thrown both

Buddy of mine is FH dominant. Regularly throws in the 425 range, maxes out about 450 on an average day. He uses two defenders, one pop top 169 gram Lucid that he can throw into a headwind and it not turn and one biofuzion 169. He doesn't throw the biofuzion as hard because it shows a hint of turn at his power, but I mean a hint of turn, nothing that will burn for any arm. I've thrown it into a headwind and it flip up to flat but I've never seen it flip all the way over. The lucid is a few months old and the biofuzion is a couple weeks old, so it hasn't beat in a whole lot, but it is definitely not going to be flippy any time soon. He's thrown sheriffs but has to release them on a hyzer to keep them from burying into the dirt.

I've thrown both a production Sheriff and a bio Defender, and the Defender is definitely more overstable. I would say that the Sheriff is just a little bit more versatile than a Trespass, and is definitely closer to the Tresspass than the Defender.

I've thrown both a production Sheriff and a bio Defender, and the Defender is definitely more overstable. I would say that the Sheriff is just a little bit more versatile than a Trespass, and is definitely closer to the Tresspass than the Defender.

thanks! you're the first person that's been able to answer it so far for me. i don't think a lot of people have had a chance to try the sheriff yet to answer it, so thanks!

This mold suddenly showed up at Academy. I really did not plan on getting one, but I could not stop myself. It looks a LOT like a Freedom. From what I remember, it flies like a stabilized Freedom. It will get an audition for that spot where Champ terns get too flippy.

This mold suddenly showed up at Academy. I really did not plan on getting one, but I could not stop myself. It looks a LOT like a Freedom. From what I remember, it flies like a stabilized Freedom. It will get an audition for that spot where Champ terns get too flippy.

Be interested to hear how this disc turns out. I really wanted to like the Freedom, but it never made much of an impression for me. It ended up being a hard disc to find the right release on. I'd throw it and it would either remain stubbornly hyzer, or flip all the way over and eat ground.

The distance potential is there though.

Be interested to hear how this disc turns out. I really wanted to like the Freedom, but it never made much of an impression for me. It ended up being a hard disc to find the right release on. I'd throw it and it would either remain stubbornly hyzer, or flip all the way over and eat ground.

Wow, what you said about the Freedom would have been my exact words.

OK, so one round in with my Sheriff. Only one hole presented what I thought it would be good for. The hole is about 350, but you can't throw right at it. You must throw down a tree line to the right, then fade to the basket. Almost always into the wind, so even my Cham Terns are a problem gauging how much to flip. First throw ever with Sheriff, and I threw past the basket for my first time ever. This disc is firmly in the bag, but in a slot that will get two throws per round at most for now. I'll see what happens as the horrible Trilogy flashing wears off, and if is ever released in Fusion, I'll have to check that out for lower wind holes.

FWIW, the flight of the disc doesn't remind me of the Freedom at all. I can see the in hand similarities, but the flight is totally different. I still think the best comparison is faster trespass, or perhaps slightly more over stable ballista.

So, same hole as mentioned above today, but more wind. Not howling. Sheriff turned and never came back. I am so confused. Auditions remain open for that slot.

Latest posts