• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sick of Litter on the course

There is no possible way we could pick up all the trash in the Banana Republic.

Do what you can... sure, but wow... there sure are a lot of disrespectful douchebags out there.

We have 300 year old gothic oaks trees in an OLD GROWTH forest setting with moss hanging... critters galore, flora and fauna.... and some dipstick throws a Budwiper can under it?

I just hope I never catch them red handed. After nearly 15 years of watching that crap I am at ropes end.

Instead of stalking them to see if they threw a yellow disc (that's pretty creepy btw) why didn't you just ask them at the next hole if they found a yellow XL?
Because having dealt with such people in the past, I already knew what their answer would be. People like that have no honor.

It wasn't even really about the disc (I have plenty of those to lose) as it was about the fact that they'd have enough lack of morals to pull something that brazen. Besides, it was more fun to go back to the parking lot and take down the tag number on their car. That way, if they return to the course I can stalk them some more, or possibly put some cheap discs out as bait and catch them red handed.

There's nothing creepy about being vigilant. If we all did it more, a lot of the crap plaguing our courses mentioned in this thread would stop.

Because having dealt with such people in the past, I already knew what their answer would be. People like that have no honor.

It wasn't even really about the disc (I have plenty of those to lose) as it was about the fact that they'd have enough lack of morals to pull something that brazen. Besides, it was more fun to go back to the parking lot and take down the tag number on their car. That way, if they return to the course I can stalk them some more, or possibly put some cheap discs out as bait and catch them red handed.

There's nothing creepy about being vigilant. If we all did it more, a lot of the crap plaguing our courses mentioned in this thread would stop.

You don't know what their answer would be unless you asked. I could see myself in that situation-- walk up to a tee, see a disc on the ground and go grab it. There's nothing wrong with that. I will ask the people around if it's their disc, for instance if I catch up with the group ahead of me at the next tee, but I'm not going to go running down the fairway chasing after someone who's disc it may or may not be.

Likewise, I've been in your shoes before. I just waited at the next tee for the group behind me to catch up and asked if they had found a blue groove and they returned it. It never hurts to ask.

The problem here in Kansas City is that with the budget cutbacks the grounds keepers are just not making the rounds often enough so the cans are overflowing. It's also making it a PITA to find disks in the tall grass. We have one guy that plays with us that carries a sack and picks up trash as we play. Maybe more of us should start, myself included?

Latest posts