• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

side arming understable plastic

gianetics

Birdie Member
i got a pro katanna for a tournament i was just in and i was amazed that i could actually fh it. i have cleaned up my form a lot. but it got beat in after about 3 games on it. i want a fh disc to hyzerflip. i was able to hyzer flip the katanna at first. now i release at 45 degrees it pops flat then crashes. i was also able to hyzer flip my z nuke for more distance than i have gotten out of it before. i flipped it flat, but very little turn i want something between the katanna and the nuke. anyone with experience hyzer flipping fh drives. my perfered method for distance is anhyzer flex shot, but i want to go to a hyzer flip.

I throw forehand about 30% of the time, but I find it difficult to release discs on a hyzer from forehand. I feel like I'm throwing like a submarine pitcher just to get that outer edge down. I've thrown a few beautiful forehand hyzer flips with some understable discs like Monarchs, etc, but often times I won't get enough hyzer on them and they'll just turn and burn.

Consequently, I typically stick with stable to overstable discs for forehanding.

i got a pro katanna for a tournament i was just in and i was amazed that i could actually fh it. i have cleaned up my form a lot. but it got beat in after about 3 games on it. i want a fh disc to hyzerflip. i was able to hyzer flip the katanna at first. now i release at 45 degrees it pops flat then crashes. i was also able to hyzer flip my z nuke for more distance than i have gotten out of it before. i flipped it flat, but very little turn i want something between the katanna and the nuke. anyone with experience hyzer flipping fh drives. my perfered method for distance is anhyzer flex shot, but i want to go to a hyzer flip.

You could try a Star Katana as it's more stable and more durable than its Pro plastic friends.

I've been throwing forehand for 30+ years. Right now my favorite hyser-flip driver is a 172gram FLX Avenger SS. It will stand up and just ride the anny line before a fairly stron hyser finish.

First off, you may have cleaned up your form, but it's still not clean. I have never forehanded a katana but I've forehanded my share of both ESP and Z Nukes. Even at full power and 350-400' drives I'm not flipping over a new Z Nuke forehand. The times I've thrown both forehand I would actually throw them level or at an anhyzer for a flex shot because they were still stable. I can understand flipping over a beat to hell esp nuke, but the z's would take a lot more beating than the ones I threw. A good hyzer flip forehand disc is a champ beast.