• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SmashBoxxTV Podcast

I was definitely had by that one :doh:! Great show and aftershow last night Guys :clap:! Cool of the Beast to come back in and hang around the rest of the show too.

I was in WTF mode :eek: ( toward Terry ) when McBeth "hung-up" and left the show!?!? I was like, OMG! and almost wanted to wake up my wife and tell her what Terry just did!

Thanks for a Awesome show week after week and good luck with the broadcasting/filming you guys will be providing for us from The Ledgestone Open.

P.S. I heard Terry say the S-word :p!

Last edited:
really enjoyed the Kmac interview

... partly because he's local, and partly because he has perspective from both being Masters-aged and being on the PDGA board that hasn't necessarily been discussed in depth before on the show :thmbup:

From a distance, I thought this was the smashboxxtv production trailer...

attachment.php

Attachments

• smashboxxtrailer.jpg
    smashboxxtrailer.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 334
Why do you guys use two cameras for the broadcast?

It looks silly to have one zoomed more and you both sitting right next to each other. From a viewing standpoint i can't think of any "set" which uses this style. 2nd camera shots are always used for off site views.

It would be cool if you used the 2nd screen space for stuff like highlights or product features ($pon$or$) and other topical graphics to flow with the show.

Ita always odd to see a hand or something pop through the split between you guys. Just thought id throw it out there... keep up the great work!

It looks silly to have one zoomed more and you both sitting right next to each other. From a viewing standpoint i can't think of any "set" which uses this style. 2nd camera shots are always used for off site views.

It would be cool if you used the 2nd screen space for stuff like highlights or product features ($pon$or$) and other topical graphics to flow with the show.

Ita always odd to see a hand or something pop through the split between you guys. Just thought id throw it out there... keep up the great work!

I am sure that JV said it was because of the size difference between the two of them.

JV is something like 6'6" or something ! Terry is way shorter than that, even though he grabs a few inches back for his rooster hair.

The shot would have to be zoomed out so far to fit John that Terry would look like a Dwarf :D.

I say that they need to dress up as Lurch and Pugsley for Halloween this year on the Smashboxx :thmbup:!

I don't think its even 2 cameras... rather one camera shot sliced up in Wirecast/xSplit/OBS/etc and made into a 'two box' shot that you'd typically see on a news type program.

Gives the director the ability to - as stated above - scale each person so they appear relatively the same size in each box.

You never see two box shots on a single set though. Plenty of different body sizes around TV world. News anchor here is tiny and weather guy huge but look fine on a couch talking.

I thought they mentioned b4 being seperate cameras but makes more sense if split up through feed.

blu skying here: :)

- any possibility of talking Dana (or others, but Dana is a recurring static location) into rigging up some hilarious location backdrops for his check ins?
Think old school pee wee's playhouse video phone segment!
Next level!

Actually it is one camera that we split in Wirecast. The reason I break it up is because sometimes Terry isn't always onsite and it is easier to just have a set template for us every show. But, I have been experimenting with a new template with smaller head shots and maybe some more info. Haven't found one I like quite yet.

Plus it does let me adjust camera shots, trimming, and such for 2 different people. I am taller than Terry, so it makes it look a bit more normal when we are the same size.

You never see two box shots on a single set though. Plenty of different body sizes around TV world.
It does happen, moreso in a smaller market. Just depends on the kind of set (ie. budget) the studio has. MSP/STP is a top twenty market in the US. Newscasts are extremely well funded in a market of that size so they don't have the need for little production tricks like this.

Last edited:

Latest posts