• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Should DGCR have a Podcast

Should DGCR have a Podcast

• Total voters
Broken Shoulder? Sounds like Broken Brain to me! WHADDA DUMB IDEA!

*DGCR Roast Pod immediately cancelled*

AllUnsungChipmunk-size_restricted.gif

No. I know several golfers that have or have had podcasts. Topics quickly become very hard to come by. It is funny, in today's world it seems everyone is convinced that everyone else is soooo interested in what they have to say.

I wish the pool had a third, couldn't care less, option. But, since a lot of folks on here are really into it, I'll give a thumbs up. Even if it doesn't interest me, I would be happy if others enjoyed it.

You're welcome. :p

Not sure if this has been said yet, or not, but would timg be able to make some bank off this podcast? That's the big question.

Eh, that's not really a concern. If this is an actual thing that happens and people have fun with it that's good enough.

I mean...maybe be careful what you wish for?
I've seen the hooligans here. This could go sideways quick.

Would be entertaining (to me) to have a few minutes dedicated to a listener's "cool DG story bro" - like that time a snake peed on the asst TD at the first Greer Ice Bowl while he was teeing off. Everybody has a good disc story, even if it's second-hand.

I can hear it now...

Host: So, _ _ _ _ _, what do you think of that new disc?

Guest: It's like a Lightning disc my uncle's, cousin's, mom's friend threw back in 1982 while playing on a trip to my dad's coworker's house. It was a cold day outside the weather station and we still carried our discs in paper sacks.

Host: Fascinating, please tell us more.

Listeners: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

"Is it a sandwich?" Jukeshoe decides a different questionable food item each week.

"Climo stories" host has to sound like Barsby's impersonation

"Discin' Dads" srsly how the h$ll do I keep my kids interested for more than 1 hole?

"Is there really a 'spacer'?" to discuss molding

and you could fill time by reading Dunipace's replies from the old PDGA board "Ask Dave D" thread.

You know, i love the banter here, and go back a long ass time. Entertaining as it is to think and speculate about, hearing any one member rant for an extended amount of time strikes me as an awful idea. Like that guy who has interesting stuff to say at the bar, but you don't really want to take a road trip with....

Ok so really if you are looking for a dgcr host there should be a poll for that...

Tim G, Threeputt and Sidewinder they would all be helpful and informative... it would be quality programming and the ratings would dive..

Now if you reincarnated/stated Frank D and stuck him in a room with Jukeshoe and Casey that would be a show!

.. Maybe have Midnight Biker stroll through and stir it up, guest speakers.. "Time to Dominate!" , haha the sammich corner... a lot of possibilities but not from "the best" in us. We gotta Geraldo this circus, or Springer it for you kids.

*where the hell is Casey he hasn't been here since March, I hope he's well.

Last edited:
It is funny, in today's world it seems everyone is convinced that everyone else is soooo interested in what they have to say.

You ready to have your mind blown? Some people actually NEED to talk to help them think. Follow me here....... There are some people who literally do not have an internal voice and talking aloud (or reading repeatedly) helps them to process ideas and information. Like zero internal dialog, total radio silence.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.if...onologue-explain-what-its-like-in-their-head/

Last edited:
You ready to have your mind blown? Some people actually NEED to talk to help them think. Follow me here....... There are some people who literally do not have an internal voice and talking aloud (or reading repeatedly) helps them to process ideas and information. Like zero internal dialog, total radio silence.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.if...onologue-explain-what-its-like-in-their-head/

Interesting! I might consider referring such people to therapists.

My take from this thread is how little this website (forum) has to do with "disc golf courses" or "reviews" of said courses. A majority of my discussion revolves around courses and course bagging, this place is my bible for such things. Of all the recommended topics, for a podcast focused on "DGCR" discussing courses only came up once or twice, discussing reviews of said courses didn't come up at all, dgcr forums is the epitome of off topic discussion.