• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Snap on a chicken wing.

The key is to cook the skin so it starts to caramelize and become crunchy while not drying out the meat.

I like a low and slow start with a hotter finish.

Good luck! :|

latest

Y'all, I say, y'all are about as funny as a fox in the henhouse!
Now, not being an expert myself, but having thrown the chicken wing with a Wham-O Frisbee in the past, I recall the trick to getting any snap (but it's really hard to get much!) is really getting the wrist well out in front just before the release. Hopefully someone more expert will chime in for you, OP.

I make so many good chx wings.. Throw them bitches on the grill 4 sho! My last flavor i tested earlier this summer was a watemelon juice and jerk seasoning. Wowzerz.

Seriously though the tip about staying on front made me throw chicken wing a whole lot further, like 250 ft. But it's super wobbly. If I can get rid of the wobbles, I bet I can hit 350 np.

I played a tournament at Tyler State Park a few years back and Joe Mela crushed a chicken wing drive!

Never mind, answered my own question

Last edited:
It's easier if you dislocate your shoulder first, but to really full hit you have to dislocate your shoulder at the hit.

I can throw a decent chicken wing about 250' or so. There is a flick of the wrist at the end of the arm swing. Kinda like how Dunipace describes a snake bite putt.

The deeper question lies in the theology of the chicken wing. For example, does the chicken wing want to be thrown? Do you have to ask the chicken wing for permission before you throw it to avoid wobble?

Snap on a chicken wing? Just line up the two metal pieces of the snap and push hard.