• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personal best at Armco Park white course......shot 53! -6 posted par!

^ Good shooting, Johnny! Have we played doubles together in Ashland before?

I had my best round yet at the new layout at Wine Cellar: +2 (three strokes better than last time). Eventually I'll shoot par out there, but it's a heavily wooded course and bogeys are too easy to card!

Birdied a placement on my home course i've never birdied before! 474 feet with about 10' feet of up hill. my drive landed about 60 feet short and i nailed the jump putt. felt damn good!

Alright. Went to Highbridge and played Blueberry and Granite, didn't keep any scores. Seem to be progressing a bit with my play on Blueberry, didn't make any ridiculous griplocks or disastrous mistakes.

Parred number 12, played it exactly how I laid it out in my head, minus the putt I should've made for birdie. Usually have a tough time getting into the tree area from where the open fairway is after the first drive. Also birdied 15 and 17, which was awesome. Number 15 I threw the perfect anhyzer with my Witness (LOVING that disc), and put her about 10 feet away, and proceeded to putt her right in. 17 got a nice flex just out past the gully at the base of the rock face, hyzered in a Roc, and tapped her in. Happy with the way I played BB.

Granite I still have yet to master, that thing is GRUELING. I love it, but I need to play that first maybe, cause that back nine gets tough after already playing 27, then hiking and throwing full force up them hills. Had quite a few more bogeys than my first round, still had fun though.

Btw I feel I should share this - found a Nuke in the woods on Granite today, and texted the number, and was kindly told to keep it! Good things come if you do the right thing guys!

You may have to send some you find away, but you will be blessed in the long run :)

All over baskets this evening: hit the cage on up shots from 150' & 180' out, as well as the top of the chains, center (& fell out) from the tee box on a shortie just under 200'. Short game's looking good. I suppose I'm ready for an Ace Race, eh?

Been doing mostly field work for the past 10 months, trying to get my form consistent and reliable.
Not nearly finished with that goal, but...
Time to get back on the course today. Gotta get ready for my annual trip to Charlotte/Rock Hill for the USDGC (spectating at USDGC and playing some Charlotte courses).
Went out today and played my home course (Castle Hayne, NC), 2 over par rated about 950. Not great, a little disappointed but not horrible.
More work to do.

Feel really good about the way I played today, I got second In our ace quest tournament. And when the distance contest by over 100 feet. I feel really great because we were able to introduce a lot of newer players of the sport, and everyone had a great time.

The guy that got first, have been playing for less than a year really lucky and a couple holes, it was pretty funny. But still pretty cool.

Two rounds at bunker lake which i havent played all year and killed it. Holes seemed shorter then last year just being able to work putters and mids unlike before. Almost aced a hole with a proxy i used to throw with a volt.

-7 for the 18 felt good. Played all 3s but i think they have wonky DGCR info.

Just played Highbridge again, started off on Granite and shot my best score, 4 over, on that course. It seems my theory of playing it first while I'm not already tired from those elevation changes, worked out.

Then I shot 2 under on Woodland Greens, which is my first ever below par at Highbridge. Great day so far, I still might play another round somewhere tonight, we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts