• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh - shot 1 under par 53. This summed up my round:

- Birdie putt on 280 foot hole across lake. I had a 25 footer, had to straddle and slight anny around tree trunk. Putt hit chains solid, bounced, balanced on the edge of basket for 1-2 seconds as if to taunt me, then fell on ground. Still a par, but not a birdie. Meh.

Spent nearly as much time in the weeds looking for my discs as I did actually playing.
Somehow saved par.

Went out today and played my home course (Castle Hayne, NC), 2 over par rated about 950.

Wow..how tough can a course be when 2 over oar nets you a 950 rating?

500 foot par 2's...

Putting circles filled with fire ant mounds?

Par 64 in the long layout.
Moderately wooded, ~6700ft. Tight but fair. No open holes, all wooded.
Great test of skill and demands every shot. Rewards accuracy over distance, but accurate distance will gain you some strokes.
Come play it sometime, it's worth the trip.

Albert Oakland front course
1 over par, 4 bogies 3 birdies. Got my 3rd near-ace birdie today, On a hole about 50 ft longer than the last two near misses(buzz then core, this one was with an FD). I was outdriving, or matching, most of my former best drives. Unlike my usual behavior of having my putting suffer on days I am driving well: I was also sinking some decently distanced putts. Personal best on my home course for a full 18, but I've done better on the front 9. Despite a -1+1+1-1 bogey sandwich I played par on the back 9, which is definitely my best for that set. Found an newish XT atlas on 17 under the basket and since it was super early and I was the first person on the course for the day I kept it(no ink either). Almost makes up for losing my GL core(also uninked) to the pond yesterday after coming to realize I loved it.

I just played a Jekyll and Hyde round at Calumet Lake DGC - 7 over on the front nine & all even par on the back nine.

Not bad, shot 2 under. Should've been 3, possibly 4 under, but I three putted the last hole, which was probably all my fault but I'll blame the gale force winds :p

I got out to Ham Lake today after taking some time off for my wonky shoulder, and I was on fire today, I opted for my first run Sirius Omega since it was fairly windy, and it was a chain magnet, it is trying to displace my Star Aviar pretty sure. Since I was feeling no pain, I juiced out 5 rounds today. Shot 50 strokes on the first, 49 strokes on the second, a 47 on the third, an ace on hole 14 on the fourth round helped me to 45 strokes on the fourth, and then I stank it up and shot a 50 again on the fifth, chalk that up to not bringing enough water to drink. As all 3s, I finished -29 on the day. Not too shabby.

Hit the basket on a drive. That's the second time that's happened in the last couple of weeks. Narrowly missed a skip-in ace on the same hole last weekend. Gotta get that first ace soon!!!

Gave myself Heatstroke. AGAIN. Didn't finish, almost puked in the car. Brilliantly Idiotic I have become.

Played 2 rounds last night. First one was okay, better than I've been playing recently, +4 on a par 3 course. I decided to play another round, hit high metal on the first basket (would have been my first ace), was having a great round, 6'ed one of the holes I 2'ed in the first round, and managed to take a +1 on the round when I chained out on my last put. Still my best round at the course by a stroke, but I was really hoping to have my first ever even or below par round there.

Two days ago, I played at my local course. Didn't do well, but I'm assuming it is because I took over a week off to go backpacking. I played with my boyfriend, since he's back in town for the semester and that was the highlight of that round. Yesterday, I played at my old university. I ended up doing my best at that particular course. Got a new (used) putter, and my putts are slowly but surely getting closer to the basket, which is making it easier for me to par. Hole 8, I threw my tee shot and landed roughly 10 feet away from the basket. At hole 1, there were several students standing there, waiting for their disc golf class to start. My boyfriend and I went up and threw. They were all in awe at how good we were, and I had to chuckle because I'm not by any means "good."

-3 51 for the final round of our league series. Decent but still haven't gotten my putting settled and missed many from the 20-35 range. Finally on hole 16 & 17 the putting routine clicked and pured consecutive birdie putts from 25 and 30ish. Too little too late but felt really good to get that feeling back. Just have to stay consistant and keep it rolling.

Played Memorial Park in Frankenmuth MI to and from a vacation spot. Wow so much fun. My favorite course played yet. Hit water on each play through. First time on my hole 1 up shot and second time trying to finish with the ace on 18. Shot 64 (+6) the first go and 63 (+5) the second. First play through was no wind. Second there was about 10 mph wind at least. Birdied 13 both times and had good look at eagles but couldn't cash in. Pretty much parked 8 and 10 on my first play through but choked putting. Couple chain outs on my second play through too. Need more putting practice and confidence.

Also ran into a nice gentleman playing with his kiddo's. He was throwing all MVP and I had a chat with him. Turns out his brother works for MVP and he gets discs for free all the time. He asked me if I throw any MVP and I haven't sampled a one yet so he actually gave me two discs. One being a Servo and other a Photon. Coolest thing ever. Couple nice rips with the Servo and I'm digging it for sure. Big thanks to him and MVP :)

Well today was a disc golf first. Was playing at Herman Hill Park when I saw this older gentleman walking counter flow to the course on Hole 6 along the river. As he and I got near each other he asked me, "umm, sir", and I figured at best he was going to ask for directions to somewhere, at worst ask me for my spare change.

So once he has my attention, he continues, "Have you ever read [insert Bible chapter and verse I can't remember here]." And he goes on and on about that for a minute.

"Umm, yeah I have" (and maybe I really have, but dude I'm out playing disc golf).

"Well have you ever read it in a [insert some version of the Bible I can't remember here] translation? If you go down to the kingdom hall, they have, yada, yada, yada...."

and knowing I'm now dealing with a Jehovah's witness, I tune him out and start walking away.

Took a bogey on the hole he interrupted me on. I'm not saying there was a correlation, but damnit dude, leave me alone.

5 under then 4 under from the shorts at my home course. average for me from the shorts. I did manage to sink a few long putts and had a nice par save from about 75 feet out. it was very hot and humid and i lost some steam towards the end of my second round.

I've switched to the aviar p&a for putting and it is showing instant success with the added glide from my last putter. Love them so far and i love they are so cheap!

Went out and played 9 holes on the longest course in the area with only 2 putters. Only shot 6 over. Not too bad when most of my strokes was due to putting or not having a disc I could forehand/overhand out of trouble.

Played better than the score shows. I've got to figure out how to stop trading birdies for bogeys. Finished even when it should've been -4.

Went three down last night in a casual round with a few buddies. Lost steam at the end due to a splitting headache. Was quickly remedied with Roadhouse afterwards.

Btw, bc powder sucks. Tastes like death.

Just got done throwing my best round ever, a +9 at my 19-hole home course. Not very impressive-sounding, but I'm super-pumped; breaking +10 has been a goal for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts