• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Abashedly admitting my home course is a pitch and putt...500 rounds at 8-10 under, plus the rest, & they add up pretty fast :eek: )

I played fine, but walking down the big hill on 17 I slipped and got a mud bath... still eon the game though

Soggy tournament. Putting was OK. Approach was good. driving was 90% OK, 5% awful, 5% great. Tied for 3rd in AM2

Zboaz DGC PDGA tournament. Worst 2 rounds of my disc golf career. Not the way I wanted my 2nd round of 2016 to go. :(

Shot my first 1000 rated tourney round, though it is unofficial and will probably drop to a 998 when it goes official, lol. But shot that in the second round to jump from 4th card to tied for 6th place and in the money! Was a pretty stacked pro field, and I was more than happy to be behind the 5 guys ahead of me: Matt Dollar, Paul Ulibarri, Jason Light, John Matlack, and Colin Forehand.
The not so cool part, is my mediocre 920 first round will be on youtube, as it was my first filmed round....cant wait to watch myself suck for 18 holes!

Didn't play doubles all that well at doubles in the morning. However did get my first ace of 2016! Back hand drives were on point. Just need to keep my head forward more to cut down the reach back from going to deep.

Played a fast round at Audubon at lunch. Needed to play fast so jogged much of it. Shot -4 (the hard scoring, with only 2 par 4s) and played in about 45 minutes! My throw was smooth like butta ... I'm stoked how much effortless distance I'm getting now. I threw a bullet with a Star Tern basket-high on #10, which the cards says 418' ... not sure how accurate it is but I'm calling it 400' anyway :D

Played my usual quick 18 at the UT Dallas course during lunch. I was terrible through the first nine, but then I hit my first-ever ace on hole 2! The rest of the round was average, but man was I in a good mood.

Like many other people I have made a commitment to get in better shape this year. I had planned to dedicate at least an hour a day to some sort of workout. This gives me a free hour every day (wife and two kids). I decided to work out at my local course. It's wooded and full of elevation changes not to mention over a mile and a half for a full loop.

rules:
no more than 4 discs
play as fast as possible (running between shots)

My average time has been around 30 minutes
My average score has been about 3 over

Today I grabbed my First ACE at this course (funny because I built it, you would think dumb luck would have given me one by now).

Did pretty well today, improved my record on the winter layout by one. Weather was decently chipper, -10C (or 14F), but no real wind. Not a lot of traffic either until last few holes of the second round, but did see plenty of other throwers out there. Especially the first round with no traffic, we were moving along at a decent pace, so you kept warm quite easily, once the traffic slowed us down, fingers started feeling cold towards the end.

First round was a bogey-free round :clap: , actually can't recall the last one I've had, always mess up once somewhere at least it seems, second round was actually going similar until hole #15, weak opening, weaker upshot, airball putt :wall: , no bogey-free day. Still, thanks to more birdies than on the first round, scored better and lowered the record by one.

Just lost to one of my brothers by 22 strokes. But, in my defense, he cheated.

Played today in the rain for the first time. A short 9 hole course that I played for the first time three days ago at 3 under.

Today...+13.

Rain sucks.

Played in the Dynamic Discs Straddle The Brazos tournament in Waco, Tx. Took home the win (Advanced Grandmasters) and had a 945 rated 2nd round. One of those "zen, everything came together" moments. lol...

Like many other people I have made a commitment to get in better shape this year. I had planned to dedicate at least an hour a day to some sort of workout. This gives me a free hour every day (wife and two kids). I decided to work out at my local course. It's wooded and full of elevation changes not to mention over a mile and a half for a full loop.

rules:
no more than 4 discs
play as fast as possible (running between shots)

My average time has been around 30 minutes
My average score has been about 3 over

Today I grabbed my First ACE at this course (funny because I built it, you would think dumb luck would have given me one by now).

Welcome to the forum. I'm just going to say I hope when you are speeding through (or anyone else that takes this idea and runs with it, lol) that you are checking the fairways and not throwing on others. I nearly took a driver to the face this fall when someone who was doing the run thing and in a hurry, threw on me in a blind fairway. It's not a pleasant experience at all. Congrats on the ace by the way. You forgot the details..

Played three rounds in the cold today. Temp was too cold for the forehand so worked on the backhand. Man was I hitting likes. Had a birdy on a hole I have never hit from inside the circle with a backhand drive!

Bag is starting to look more and more like it's ready for the year now it's just ordering everything so I have the backups and such as needed. Time to start the cycling of the drivers for spring. First pdga event coming mid March.

Honed putting on a more difficult course using different heights, if only I could nail the driving I would par and bogey less and birdie more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts