• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I finally played my first actual round(s) in well over a month. So that's nice. It was all BH throws (FH still hurts) and I threw 35 then 34 on the local Par 27 course.

Had a blast test playing a new private course that is being built in my local area.

No tees or baskets yet, but the fairways, although rough around the edges, are really coming into shape, and I must say its awesome! Lots of glorious multi-shot holes with intense elevation changes. This is looking to have top 10 potential.

The course is in the western UP of Michigan, but thats all I'll divulge out of respect for the owner.

What a privellage and unique opportunity it was to play a course before it is finished. I cant wait to see the future of it unfold. Gotta love disc golf :)

Best round since I started playing again (after a brief 15 year hiatus). Threw predominantly RHFH, which was really working well. Missed a couple birdie putts or would have been lower. Practiced a little afterward throwing RHBH and had some luck with the birdie grip.

Was one off shooting my first 59 round today. Missed a gimme putt early on, kicked myself hitting a 2 on the last hole looking back. Learned a lot about my game today though:
I dislike Pro and R Pro plastic in drivers, it's just bad, really bad.
I also dislike MyPro Aviars. They're really slick and I felt it slip out early on a few putts, sticking with KC Pro and Yeti Aviars.
I haven't bagged a Firebird, but gladly picked one up tonight from a buddy.
Katanas are probably the most under rated, long range bombers in my bag, I now carry 3.

After not playing for two and a half weeks because I fell and twisted my back....

I went to a Dynamic Discs Chasin' the Chains event. I got an Opto Pure and an Opto Saint. I shot +9 (18 holes).
Not bad considering the lack of practice, new-to-me discs, and the fact I've only been playing since the first of August.

Helen Keller would've out putted me. It was bad, real bad.

I have been playing good lately, 2ing holes that I have never 2d before on local courses. Today I played in a local nonsanctioned tournament and came in 4th out of around twenty or so (in my division), and cashed!

Received couple of inches of snow through yesterday, but judging by the marks and stamped tees, we weren't the first disc golfers to hit the course today. Unlike the previous snow rounds a couple of weeks back, this time there was enough snow covering the tees that they weren't even slippery, not even while I was playing in rubber boots (temperature had "risen" all the way to 36F :p ). And yet, managed to improve my PB at the course, putting was really on today, one really bad putt, but made the comeback, one hail mary-ish save.

Was one off shooting my first 59 round today. Missed a gimme putt early on, kicked myself hitting a 2 on the last hole looking back. Learned a lot about my game today though:
I dislike Pro and R Pro plastic in drivers, it's just bad, really bad.
I also dislike MyPro Aviars. They're really slick and I felt it slip out early on a few putts, sticking with KC Pro and Yeti Aviars.
I haven't bagged a Firebird, but gladly picked one up tonight from a buddy.
Katanas are probably the most under rated, long range bombers in my bag, I now carry 3.

Have you tried terns yet? If you like katanas you will love terns.
Also with use the mcpros get a nice grip I find breathing into a fist gives great grip on slicker putters.

Killed in yesterday with 1 over at local course. Went to a new one with gf and shot 10 over.....garbage today, going back to my old bag not feeling my discraft stuff. And lost my saint (fav disc ever) I couldn't wait to leave the course after that..

Shore Winds Today:

From the White Tees:
White Course: 52 (-17)
Blue Course: 62 (-9)

Played in the weekly mini with my DG group of 25, scored 3 over par on a course that normally kicks my ass (lowest scored was 3 underpar 54). I dropped from #29 to #13. Better player than me suggest we play a second round on the same course for tags. Play the second round and maintain my #13.

Feels so good to have a decent round and then play a second round to confirm I'm more consistent.

Recorded a +3 from the short Tees at Aokboro District Park which is a little off my usual score. I generally score even par or a stroke or two under but this was a roller coaster round for some reason. I would get a really great drive (unusual for me) on one hole then blow what is normally an easy putt for me on the next. :wall: Or I would somehow pull a hatchet out of my bag on the tee box and try to take out a tree with it 15' or 20' in front of me on a hole then follow that up by canning an 84' upshot on the next! :confused:

But the weather was great, the woods were pretty and I enjoyed the company of my lovely wife who has no interest in throwing disc but enjoys a nice walk in the woods while I do my thing. :thmbup:

Played 2 "speed rounds" by myself at a decent but relatively easy course, especially since it's set up in the short pin locations. I managed to shoot even par, which is pretty good for me. I got a two on one of the hardest holes on the course, and I didn't have any "disaster" holes. My birdies canceled out my bogies. Putting hasn't been going all that well recently, but today I didn't miss anything inside 15 feet. I sank a couple 30-footers and was at least close on the rest.

Nothing today, but took down my first tourney win in Int yesterday. Shot my best tourney round, by 22 points. Good stuff.

Good shootin' SD.

Play the front 12 of the local course before it got too dark. Shot a best 27 on the front 9, which is -6 if you're a course par type of person. I learned how ridiculous course pars are for most courses around here, so started counting everything as a 3. It pushes me to want to shoot better instead of being happy with shooting -6 to -8 down.

When they added the concrete tee pads at Audubon last year those ridiculous par signs went up. I'm ok with it though, it makes the new player feel good and I still count everything par 3 including six and fourteen.

Yeah Audubon is what, 71? I agree though. Wasn't thinking about how awesome it was just starting out last year and getting close to par, then par, and eventually under it for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.