• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I putted with my Z Buzzz SS for quite a while, until I found my Grip Spike. Nice shallow rim, and doesn't spit out the way the Buzzz did.

Went out and did some field work yesterday, and threw -1, -2 at my local nine. VERY streaky putting, or it would have been much better. The field work is really starting to pay off, though. Never had the confidence to drive with mids and putters, and now I'm putting them very close, and somewhat consistently.

^ Yep. I tossed my Recycled Saint a mile (by my standards) doing field work today over lunch.

Finally starting to see what people mean when they say the disc rips out of their hands.

Also, the D Buzzz does a pretty good job at grabbing the chains. Thinking about picking up an ESP for putting.

Getting my Leopard out to about 280-300', which is a huge improvement for me. Pro Valk to about 330' on a good rip. It'll be awesome when I can get my armspeed up enough to really drive my Orc or Renegade like I want.

It's starting to come together, Pepper.

Played 2 separate C-Tier events this weekend, 2 rounds each. Shot a good 50 points below my rating on Saturday. I'm pretty sure I hit or clipped every tree on the course. One large slice of humble pie served up hot & fresh for me!! Sunday was much better - shot my highest rated round yet and played way over my rating for the tourney. Great weekend and learned a lot!

I had an awesome weekend at the MADCITY Open. I'm rated 917 and shot on average 990 plus for the three rounds including my very first 1000 rated round at my favorite course which is Vallarta-AST at Tokken Creek County Park. I was 3 under for the tournament and went into the third round in first place. Finished second place and lost by only a stroke. I played in advanced and finally played how I should have played. Awesome tourney and awesome time.

Not my best 2 rounds today. Had some good shots followed by bad shots. Had some troubles with my longer putts, I was hitting the top of the basket. Normally I end up just short and hit the rim of the basket. I overcompensated and went too high on a few today.

After my rounds I stayed and threw hole #1 and #2 a few times with some different discs. That was a productive session. I actually learned to throw my Anode as an approach disc. You put some snap on that thing and it is so straight (I know it is supposed to be I just never put some oomph behind it)...I was shocked! I have never been able to throw a putter very far at all. This thing will fly low and on a line without acting all floaty. Very nice!

Our #1 hole is just a 267' par three. I parred the hole with just my putter. One drive, one approach, and a 3' drop in putt. Now I am excited to start using it for some longer approach shots.

-3 at the 9 down the street today. That's not what was awesome, though. Hit about 350' with the new Star Teebird. I almost soiled myself with joy.

snagged a vector to replace my tensor (which was suppose to step in for my lost midari) because i hate it and parked two holes with the vector. not bad for a first round out with a new disc. awesome. wound up +1 overall, missed some easy birdie putts. happy to have the bag figured out; makes life sooooo much easier.

i second the field work. since i've started doing field work, i've become confident i can hit 380-400 on my longest throws and hyzerflip for accurate tunnel drives. my snap and form is much better overall. can't say enough about field work.

Shawnee S.P. in Schellsburg, PA

I was very happy with how I played. I put together, quite possibly, my most consistent back to back rounds of disc golf ever. Shawnee is a simple little 9 hole course with the longest hole being 300'.

I shot a 22 (-5) for my first round, which was within 1 throw of my previous best. Then, I backed it up with a 21, tying my previous best. :)

50 tonight at league. Best round I've had at Bowers Park from the red tees.

Playing a nice peaceful round after dinner, then suddenly became impromptu teacher.
Asked " How do I throw farther ? "
Its really shameful when you take time to explain the basics to some new players, then shank your drives into the schule.
Luckily I walked the talk, so all was good.
Drained a downhill from just outside the circle on the last hole, everybody watching intently, to end the evening with a clean bird.
Newbies are convinced if an old fart like me can do it, they can do it too. New golfers made.

Weird day yesterday, lots of discs flew.

Threw 18 practice holes on a short par 3 hole close to the road at a local 9.

Went to Maple Hill to drop off beer for the Vibram. Drove on #1 and played #2 with Steve Dodge and another guy. Chatted with a bunch of the pros who were around and watched a few of them tee off on 1. Crazy long. Picked up an Ibex while I was there.

Drove back, had time to play 9 before my final meeting of the day. Steve had given me a tip about my follow through and it made a huge difference. Played reasonably well and dug the Ibex, first time throwing a Vibram disc. Very nice.

Went to my meeting, then went home and got in an hour of putting practice with my wife and son. Good day.

Yesterday evening shot my best round post surgery, -3 for 18, at Joseph Davis SP.

Tried out my brand new Crank. :thmbup::thmbup:
Also tried my new Atlas, the jury is still out on that one. But methinks its a keeper.

When I got there I met up with 2 of the better local Open players, we played a threesome and they gave me some excellent putting advice. Immediately improved my putting. :)

+2 in 17 minutes! on a short 9 hole course at SIU campus Lake. Had to be at work. I'm gonna run through it sometime and see if i can make it in 11 minutes!

Played an after work round yesterday. Sucked horribly, but still wound up only +2 after 19, my upshots were (mostly) working, luckily. Something was missing from my drives, but couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Was going to leave, but decided to stick around for random doubles. Wound up tied for first at -9 and won the playoff on the first hole. The team we tied with were drunk as f**k and they both airballed their 25 footers. Walked away with $60 :hfive:

Played a round this morning, starting when it was barely light enough to see our discs. It felt good to be out before the evil sun had a chance to bake us. I used today's round as more of an experiment for different shots, and lines. Some of them worked beautifully, some need more work. I have no clue how I scored, but it wasn't great. I loved trying new things though, and it made it a blast. My brother in law got his first ever birdie (after about 15 rounds), which was awesome to see. :thmbup:

I got my first tonal ace.
Not nearly as satisfying as banging chains but the next best thing.

Played in my first doubles tonight. I'd done singles with the local club 3-4 times but finally got the chance to make it out to dubs and it was great. Got paired with a pretty cool guy who was kind enough to show me the ropes, and after a pretty rough start ended up hitting two solo birdies on 15 and 16 (after not making a putt all day, made two twenty footers for those birds which helped my confidence a lot). We took second for the day and each got 10 bucks. Definitely plan on doing more dubs in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts