• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of stoked to have my first larger tourney win at the Pickerington Challenge today. We played short tees to long pin positions, and I managed to stay 2 under for 36 holes. 41 players in rec beats my previous tourney firsts against 3, 5, & 7 players in my division! :D

meh. played a tourney at my local course but couldn't putt to save my life. had to miss at least 6 inside 25 feet including one from probably 8ft but scrapped together two good rounds from throwing awesome drives all day. 1010 and 980 held down my third place for the day.

Yesterday i shot my New personal best.. -15 at Chestnut Ridge in Orchard Park. Almost had 2 aces, one on video. Still chasing my first Ace. I feel like one is coming soon, maybe today!?

Shot +11 in the Pieradise Open finishing tied for 10th. ended up 3rd in the overal Indiana summer series. Putting went to hell during the round. Kinda upsetting to me that my last 2 tournaments have not gone well. i really need to focus more on practice.

Shot +11 in the Pieradise Open finishing tied for 10th. ended up 3rd in the overal Indiana summer series. Putting went to hell during the round. Kinda upsetting to me that my last 2 tournaments have not gone well. i really need to focus more on practice.

Hey I played there too :hfive: It was my first time at Pieradise. Super fun course.

Shot two over par (60) @ Beatty Park in Steubenville, Ohio...missed a few putts that were sinkable and my hyzer lines were a bit off which meant a few trees lost some bark. Definitely could have gone under par today with a little cleaner game but the best thing about disc golf is there is always that next round ahead to keep you motivated.

Played well at Hunter Mountain.
Birdie stretch from 4 thru 8 the first round and 4 thru 6 the 2nd lap.

Shot 61 1st round and took 6 of 10 skins the 2nd.

Shot (threw?) my first round ever today...

The wife and I shot our first round of DG today at Oakboro Park (Stanly County, NC) and I had a lot of fun :) I think the jury may still be out as far as my wife is concerned. :\ (Note to self: bring bug repellant next time.)

Other than casual games of toss with a Frisbee neither of us have any prior experience. Since we just got our golf disks (a Buzz D for me and a Shark for the wife) we started out by throwing up and down the football/soccer field a couple of times to get some feel for them. My average drives were in the 110' - 125' range, guess I need to work on that, and pretty straight until the last 10' - 15' feet when they faded left. These things are definitely different than the run of the mill backyard Wham-o Frisbee.

Then it as off to the course... As you can imagine my results were varied but over all I was pretty happy for a first round ever. We did not really keep score as this was a trial run for funzies but I would estimate I pared about a third of the holes:clap:, bogied another third :\ and don't care to discuss the other third. :wall: My wife gave up golfing and directed all her attention to fighting off the bugs after the first nine holes but she was usually about a shot or two behind me on the first nine holes.

This could be addictive...

Played 27 holes this evening at Sherwood Oaks coming in at +5. It's a pretty wide open course....I would def consider this a beginner friendly course. Started out just throwing the putter on almost all shots just to get the feel, threw the Leopard and was able to get it past 300 feet a few times. I'm getting better. Instead of the disc controlling me, I feel like I have some input now :) Anywho....I'm quickly loving this game. My wife may become a disc golf widow lol

Tonight I discovered something I lost a long time ago and was beginning to think I would never see again: My 300' disc golf drive. Pretty sure I heard angles singing.

In other news, my wife thinks I am a dork.

This just in: New Belgium IPA "Ranger" is delicious.

Handicap league at City Park, NOLA. Heavy rain early on ruined my score. I shot +8 on the first four holes, including a ghastly 4-putt on an easy hole to start things off: my discs were soaked the moment I went to throw, and they were slipping every which way out of my hand. I'm not very experienced with playing in the rain, and my lack of preparation showed.

All that said, I was happy with how I redeemed myself the rest of the round. I stumbled at a few other spots, but had three birdies, one of which came from parking hole 6, a 315' turnover that slid right under the basket. +3 on 14 holes may not be much to brag about around here, but I was well happy with it. I was glad to see that my initial crash and burn didn't get to me, or hinder my performance the rest of the way. I'm still very inexperienced at playing full rounds and competing, since I usually practice specific shots when I'm out on my own, so it's nice to see myself bounce back from a few poor holes so strongly.

About to break my personal best on my local course when on the last hole if finally got a good drive and over threw the hole into the OB road for a circle 4.

Didn't really play all that well this past weekend. I had a lot of bad rolls including one that went over 300 ft.... yeah 300 ft. I pulled it together the final round to take 4th. Oh well there is always next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.