• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday.. I hit the metal pole right below the basket it was a 210' foot shot through the woods.. it went straight at the basket.. ohh well the First ACE still eludes me... I will remember that shot for a long time..

How did I play the rest of the weekend ? ..doesn't matter hitting metal on that one shot is all I needed...

The wife and I shot our first round of DG today

My average drives were in the 110' - 125' range, guess I need to work on that, and pretty straight until the last 10' - 15' feet when they faded left. These things are definitely different than the run of the mill backyard Wham-o Frisbee.

Hey, sounds like an avg round for first timers... stick with it, have fun.. . Those 125 drives will be 225 very SOON..

I played my 2 highest rated tourney rounds ever yesterday (and even left 4-6 easy putts out there) and cashed in my first Pro event. So pretty stoked. After my miserable playing at worlds, to finally play at a higher level in a tourney feels great.

I honestly think that worlds, and playing like crap, made this easier for me. It was the loosest i have ever been pre-tourney, and during the rounds. It's like "You sucked on the biggest stage, who cares what happens here, just have fun and play within yourself" no pressure.

Best round ever with a bogey-free -7 at Jellystone, Larkspur Colorado. Hit all putts within the circle, got a couple of nice tree hits, and even my trouble shots had a window through the scrub oak to help save par. The SSE rating on the course is 50.2, so my 47 would be around a 1030 round, I guess? Previous best was -5, so i'm stoked.:)

Not too great but not terrible either! Played two rounds at a course I've never played and 1 more round later at a short technical course. Zephyr Cove @ Lake Tahoe is an amazing , tricky course! I shot a +7 & +8. I had one of the sweetest birdie shots ever on hole 13. 300+ft narrow tunnel shot with winds 10-15 mph. I hit it just right and made the 20ft birdie putt. Great course - lots of elevation and plenty of trees. What a Sunday! 3 rounds with family and friends @ Tahoe

Just started playing a couple weeks ago, but fully addicted already. :) Played at Golden Gate Park course Sat evening & Sunday morning. Shot a +15 on Saturday, including a birdie shot from about 25 feet that skipped off the top of the basket (by far closest I've come to a birdie so far). Was at +10 through 16 holes on Sunday, but then ran out of time and was unable to complete the course.

Really enjoying how much I'm learning each and every time I go out to the course right now.

Been lurking on the forum for about a month and want to thank everyone for the great advice & discussions I've seen!

BDA

I played my 2 highest rated tourney rounds ever yesterday (and even left 4-6 easy putts out there) and cashed in my first Pro event. So pretty stoked. After my miserable playing at worlds, to finally play at a higher level in a tourney feels great.

I honestly think that worlds, and playing like crap, made this easier for me. It was the loosest i have ever been pre-tourney, and during the rounds. It's like "You sucked on the biggest stage, who cares what happens here, just have fun and play within yourself" no pressure.

this described me also. I shot my 2nd highest rated round yesterday after shooting 30 points below my rating at the worlds. Yesterday's round was 68 points above my current rating. Of course I play better on short courses or wooded courses where I can use my escapability skills. Bringing the disc back in bounds with the stroke can kill a round especially when I did it multiple times.

Shot my average well-over par @ Disctractions - Hueston Woods on what I call the "quick" 9 (1-8 & 18). Thing is though, it was a much better round than I've been throwing. Hitting more lines & I can feel myself getting closer to a par round. Took a penalty stroke on #1 for crossing the creek and then was all over the place on my approach on 18. :doh:

Encouraging though overall.. & one of those days where every time I hit a tree it seemed to ricochet towards the fairway. Hopefully that means I'm starting to dial in my shots. Either that or karma from picking up trash.

Biscuitboy and I shot -10 at leagues this evening. I had a metal hit on one hole and my CTP got beat by an ace:(.
Overall I had a last playing w/ a fun group!

Biscuitboy and I shot -10 at leagues this evening. I had a metal hit on one hole and my CTP got beat by an ace:(.
Overall I had a last playing w/ a fun group!

Biscuitboy?!?! who dat is?

I won the same dubs with DrakeAB shooting -13 ... and no CTP's :(

Played like crap. Can't remember having putted so badly in years.
Halfway through the round, I swear I heard my putter say:
"What are you doing to me? I can hit chains if you give me a half a chance.
Another round like this and I'll demand to be traded!

:eek:

Last edited:
i haven't played yet today, but yesterday was okay and sunday was pretty good. won intermediate in our league with -2, had some screwups but recovered pretty well. deuced five holes in a row to pull ahead after falling to +1. could've finished -5, but a bogey and a double bogey took me down.

weird thing; i nail my approaches and short drives under pressure. my putting, which is mediocre at best, goes to complete crap. my strategy is to play for par and then strike hard when i have holes i know i can birdie if i get my shots right. seems to pay off. :) threw a good roller to turn a potential double bogey into a bogey.

opto pure got 4 of those 5 consecutive birdies by parking my drives 7 feet or less on each hole so i didn't have to worry about putting. :D love that disc. never coming out of the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts