• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't shoot all that great, but I was crushing drives at Idlewild and Mt. Airy again today. Had a 500 footer yesterday from the tee on hole 15 at Idlewild and had a couple 500 footers yesterday and today on hole 1 at Idlewild. Then on hole 15 at Mt. Airy (560' tee sign and a little down hill), I managed to toss a Lace pin high and about 70' off to the side of it. Now if only my putting had been on...

Flew 3 rounds plus an extra 13 holes today. Last round was my fav...tired and sore and still flew -2. Loving my game right now!!:thmbup:

Played my first early morning round (7:15 am), which also happened to be my coldest at a balmy 36 degrees. The round started out well, but my plastic wasn't the only thing cold. I lost about 6 strokes by two putting, which has been a theme. Gotta keep practicing. I did however come extremely close to my first ever ace. I threw a Z Buzzz on 247' hole where the basket was about 20' higher and 30-40' left of the teepad. The Buzzz's fade kicked in and all of a sudden I heard the sound of crashing chains! It went through the chains and landed on the uphill side of the basket about 6" away from the post. Disappointed but I'm sure there will be other close calls in the future.

Just barely good enough to keep the #3 tag.

576594_586422111382649_709302905_n.jpg

Not awful. My drives were off but I was parking my approaches. One ace run that came up a tiny bit short, and one epic putt to close... Hard to complain when you haven't played in a while and are really tired.

not all that bad, i defended my 036 tag by 3 strokes, then lost it the second round, i thought i was 2 strokes down and went for a putt that i normally lay up on 18, come to find out i was actually tied and lost it on the last hole! LOL never again! i still cannot believe that i won a 036 tag after only playing for 6 months.

Didn't play at the course, but I just got back from some field work. I was working on my shortened drives, and was hitting around 275 consistently, which is about 20-30 feet more than usual.

I worked on my FH also, and for the first time, hit 250, which kind of threw me for a loop. If I can take that to the course, there are couple of holes it would come in very handy on.

Not bad, -1.

I actually had a really good week overall. I played 8 rounds, was under par for 6. Was -17 for the week.

i took the j town invite with two 963 rated rounds. i left a few putts out there but i guess i didnt need em ha

played a round in the rain at hyland tonight, just me and the homie on the whole course.
went for every birdie putt and got metal most of the time, sank a handful. bunch of crazy lines and the trees played nice. looks like rain all week so im looking forward to having a few of these big courses to myself.

played a round in the rain at hyland tonight, just me and the homie on the whole course.
went for every birdie putt and got metal most of the time, sank a handful. bunch of crazy lines and the trees played nice. looks like rain all week so im looking forward to having a few of these big courses to myself.

Did this last week too. Looking back towards Normandale Lake on #5 tee couldn't even see those office buildings rain was coming down so hard.

Soooo bad im considering not playing tournies for awhile...

Agreed, it's been a rough few months for me. 1/2 great rounds, and then weeks of complete crap. then 1/2 good rounds, and then complete crap.

Played wolf yesterday at TSP with 5 of my hommies and ended up taking it down with 15 points....Came back from 3rd place with calling wolf on hole 26 with my roc parked under the basket..3inches from the pole.....Scotty tried to "crush my dreams," only to come up a tad short on the putt. Ended up playing 45 hols yesterday and feel great today....too bad a heat wave is come in at the end of the week...it's going to be hot this weekend.

been out for 7 weeks with a high ankle sprain. finally get a round in yesterday and step into a hole on #17 and tear up my other ankle.:wall:

I had a couple of last hole wins this weekend. Not for anything, just casual rounds, but some good close matches with exciting wins.

Saturday: Riney B 2 man scramble - My partner and I started off the round well and built a small lead. As the round went on the other team chipped away at the lead and eventually took the lead on hole 20 with very difficult holes to make up strokes remaining. On the last hole (24) 359' uphill hole, they were on the box and didn't have great tee shots but should have had an easy par with it being doubles. I parked it off the tee with a wraith and they ended up taking a bogey to lose.

Sunday: Freeman Lake 2 man best ball: Both teams played right with each other the entire round. We may have been tied the whole time, or if not, maybe a 1 stroke difference at most. Last hole I took an easy par and they ended up taking a bogey (easy to do).

Great weekend of discing for me! Played pretty well all weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts