• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 birdies 2 bogies and one double bogie. Equals my best round at home course for the third time.

Took a tip from a buddy and tried putting with my Buzzz.

Genius. I was hitting putts I normally would have shanked.:

how so? I recently found a buzz ss about 175g but for mids i use the roc3 and mako generally. and for putting i use aviars at weights 150g, 163g, and 171g

Played a poor round (+5) at Fort Yargo in constant rain. The putting was off, but I'll blame the rain. But at least it was only 65 with no bugs. That's about 25 degrees below normal for this time of year in Georgia. Still had fun and didn't lose any discs.

Last edited:
Shot 72 on the Patapsco Green Monster, which is good for me. Consistently lousy approaches cost me a few strokes, unfortunately.

Shot the two worst rounds I've ever shot today -- at a tournament. I threw some good drives, and some good approaches, but never on the same hole. And my putting was horrible.

Did pretty well yesterday and today. Hit a big birdie on Jones west #8 and then another at the same course on the first hole. Drive looked good but hit a branch and fell backwards. I was left with a tunnel shot from about ninety feet and just crushed the middle of the chains with a fuzion judge. The one on eight was an overhand over a big tree with a lucid truth from about 80 feet and that went in splashing chains hard too. Took pretty much par on everything else but that's more consistent than usual.

Had one of those days where my shots from the tee were way borderline horrific but I smartly played out when necessary and had solid upshot and only missed one circle putt. Even par sanctioned round that is + 20 points better than my rating.

What is this "play" stuff you guys keep posting about?

I've only played 1 round this month. :|

I kicked ass in two tournaments today and also won the CTP cash. It was one of those days that makes you think it might be time to move up to pro in local tournaments.

Last edited:
Didn't get to play today... but I did invest some time working on the tee markers and various maintenance on my course.

Shot the two worst rounds I've ever shot today -- at a tournament. I threw some good drives, and some good approaches, but never on the same hole. And my putting was horrible.

Yep....this^

Played two rounds during a tourney at my home course. Horrible...double digits above my average both rounds. I was almost to ashamed to show my face at the awards.

I played about as well as I probably ever will. Shot -9 over 18 at the local course and -8 at the neighboring 18 holer. :hfive:

On a recommendation from a friend, I started putting with a 175g D Buzzz.

F'ING GENIUS. I couldn't miss.

Had my second and third ever below-par scores on one of my home courses today, -1 and -2 (previous was a -4 on same course)! Restores a bit of my faith after throwing like garbage on all three Emporia courses I played yesterday trying to prepare for next weeks DD Open tournament!

Played the Three rivers open today. First tourney in a month after surgery. First round tied for the lead at -3 on West Swinney. Got on East Swinney and fatigue and stupidity took over. Ended up T-13after my +11 second round, but i was not expecting to do that well. I"m not pleased with the outcome, but i did have fun back out on the course. just means i need to improve.

I kicked ass in two tournaments today and also won the CTP cash. It was one of those days that makes you think it might be time to move up to pro in local tournaments.

And.. the very next day.. I give it all back and then some!

It was a 2-day tournament: 1 round at 4 different courses. After day 1 was finished, I led my division of Advanced by 8 strokes, as well as the minuscule showing of 3 pros by 1 stroke. I even won the $20 CTP after the event.

On the second day, I started with a birdie, then clipped a metal outcropping of a bridge on an over-the-river shot to drown my roc on the very next drive. After that circle 5, things spiraled further downward.

After the 3rd round, I was only leading by one on the 2nd place person, with 3rd place 3 strokes beyond that. Begin the final round.

After 17 of 20 holes into the final round, the second place person and I were tied. At this wonderful moment, my Ape decided to fly like an arrow instead of a meathook... right into the river. When I got up to the shore/cliff to mark my next shot, I could see it floating by. But, I would have none of that.

In about the span of 2 minutes, I stripped down to my boxers, swam 30' into the river, retrieved it, dressed again, and took my next shot. Unfortunately, it struck a very nearby tree. The second recovery shot did as well. And, so did the third. I ended up with a very devastating circle 6 on this par 3.

On the final hole, as we were cleaning up around the basket, I did the math and realized I lost the lead by 2 strokes. Without much preparation, I tossed the final putt in, and missed. Little did I know, the 3rd place person was throwing the hot round and ended up beating me by 1 stroke as well.

Oh well, I guess that's just "my game" for now. It's a rock and a hard place though. If I'm on, I'm on and it's a flurry of laughs of 'bagger!'. But, for the typical day, something between par and bogey golf is the norm. I'd like to move up to pro when it feels like a green jacket that I've earned. But, with such highs and lows, it's hard to know what to do.

Shot my worst round ever at the local sunday singles yesterday. Course was super wooded and I'd only played it once before. Shot like an 80+. Going to doubles tonight at a course I'm much more familiar with so I expect to do much better.

I played about as well as I probably ever will. Shot -9 over 18 at the local course and -8 at the neighboring 18 holer. :hfive:

On a recommendation from a friend, I started putting with a 175g D Buzzz.

F'ING GENIUS. I couldn't miss.

I putted with my Z Buzzz SS for quite a while, until I found my Grip Spike. Nice shallow rim, and doesn't spit out the way the Buzzz did.

Went out and did some field work yesterday, and threw -1, -2 at my local nine. VERY streaky putting, or it would have been much better. The field work is really starting to pay off, though. Never had the confidence to drive with mids and putters, and now I'm putting them very close, and somewhat consistently.

well, i haven't played today yet, but i played for the first time ever in league yesterday . . . and won! shot a +5, though . . . intermediate category, super small, but still awesome. took home 9$ for the win and 21$ on a CTP. if i win again next week i'll move up. :) i had some pretty big screwups that would have lowered my score by 4-5, so i think i could hang with the advanced crowd in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts