• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played Max Roper in Lincoln, NE for the first time yesterday. Course wasn't in the greatest condition but 27 holes gives you enough throws that when you're alone it's pretty much like practice. I finally felt like I was getting some good snap and holding on through the hit. Had some great stand-and-watch moments on some of the long downhills. But then I got cocky on hole 27 and threw a big anny that never fought back and sailed into the disgusting ditch full of biting insects. Bye bye, 2014 Trilogy Challenge Thief. :(

Last time I traveled and brought discs, I lost my favorite driver. So this time I threw in four discs that it wouldn't kill me to lose -- including the Thief. But by the end or the round I was throwing it so well I really do miss it now. I guess the moral of the story is don't lose discs.

Shot my best round at my home 9 hole course ever, -4. Had four birdies, the rest were pars. Freakin' epic round. Second one was a bit shakier, had two bogies out of the first four holes. But came back in the end, with two back to back birds on 8 and 9. The first of them was a drop in, second was thanks to my consisten putting, made a good 25 footer for the even score. Great day!

Pretty average for park leauges last night with even par. Played another 9 holes of dubs after though and that went pretty well with an -8 to tie the course dubs record.

For our Pioneer Park league last night, my front nine went birdie-less and I wound up 3 over par.
Back nine started out with a choice turkey and I finished up with a heap of pars, so overall even on the night.
"Meh." -me

Pretty average for park leauges last night with even par. Played another 9 holes of dubs after though and that went pretty well with an -8 to tie the course dubs record.

Hot diggidy! Sounds like the dubs went well. That's a pretty admirable course record...

Played for the first time in a couple of weeks today. Played a course I never played at before. I got three pars on holes 7, 10, and 15. For being a beginner and playing a challenging course, I thought I did pretty well. Had a few awful tee shots, but recovered them nicely. Overall, a solid game! 😊

First legit ace on my first throw last night at Woodland Mound. There were witnesses to boot. The pin is 225ft and I used a big Z Buzzz. Easy one step pull aimed slightly right and it faded straight in. I came about a foot short from hitting 15 with the same disc as well.. how crazy would that have been. :thmbup:

Attachments

• IMG_20150701_191404943_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150701_191404943_HDR.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 91d77e39.jpg
    91d77e39.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 19
Improved my backhand off the tee record at the course we played today, after getting my first ever ace on the first round throwing forehand which I usually do. Now my backhand record is the same as my friend's record, difference being he's been throwing BH since we started just under a year ago. Forehand off the tee is still seven shots better, but at least I'm seeing improvement in my backhand, saw my first 300+ RHBH shot yesterday.

Played two nines at Whitecap. Shot -1 both times, but the second round should've been way better score wise, I had four birdies, but screwed myself over with a disgusting double bogey on two, then a missed par putt on three. Sank all my other putts though, including one 40 footer. And I'm happy to score under par both times.

Played two rounds of whites at Borderland SP. Shot a +2 in the first round despite three birds, but rebounded to shoot -1 in the second round with four birds. To boot, my driving wasn't even the greatest. Was able to make it up with great approach shots and canning some long putts when I really needed them.

Played very mediocre today. Won some fireworks in a CTP lol. My back hurts. At least I beat the one scrub throwing MVP, so #winning.

A buddy n I went to langer park in marshall , Wisconsin, course name birds ruins, very nice course, we both shot +5 (all holes counted as par 3s

Played nine holes at Calumet Lakes DGC earlier this afternoon. Not too much to type about. Had a few decent tee shots and also some lousy ones. Was able to make a few nice recoveries though.

I also played nine holes at Torch Lake DGC this evening. Got my best score for playing just nine holes. I got a par on hole five. Putts were off this evening. I missed a simple ten foot putt on hole six, and I got a bogey because of it. Other than that, I had a blast! Played with a group of seven of us, and it was nice to play with other people who are as passionate about this game as I am!

Played a quick round with my 153 Crave and 6 putters. Threw the Crave only 5 times, so mostly a putter round
+3

I was pretty happy with that.

I didn't play today, but how I have been playing? Hot. UNTIL the last 2-5 holes of a round. I started noticing this in a 21 hole long par 70-75 event I played recently. Holes I normally play well were giving me trouble being my last handful of holes. I had 3-4 strokes on my card going into the last handful of holes all three rounds. And all three rounds I lost them all and added another stroke or two.

Then I started noticing it in my laid back leagues, that most the strokes I lost were in the last few holes.

I don't play a ton anymore and it seems like I am having some major mental endurance issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.