• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SoCal DGCR Meet-Up

How confident are you in attending?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimbosprint

Double Eagle Member
Southern California DGCR Meeting: Outsiders welcome!

Looking to see if there is any interest in a west coast DGCR meeting. I know there aren't too many of us on here, but if we plan it in advance far enough we could probably make it work. Post here if you are interested, and also if you have good ideas on when and where it should be.

Here are some courses I think would be good choices (location/baskets/concrete tees):
- The new Chico course - Peregrine Point DGC ;)
- Shady Oaks, Sacramento
- De Laveaga, Santa Cruz
- Golden Gate Park, San Francisco
- Stafford Lake, Novato

I think we need some time to plan this. How does January or February sound? (weather permitting)

I'm in. I think the new chico course would be cool. Or maybe something like Finnon so there could be some camping for folks that make the drive. Or why not tahoe in april when the snows gone. Plenty of courses and accomidations. Wherever it is in Nor cal i'd make it happen. There is 4-5 peeps that I play with on a regular basis that are dgcr members. They just don't post often. Keep me posted.:thmbup:

As much as I enjoy O'vale and GG they're a little crowded for my likings. Although we'd fit in with a big group. Penn is a good in between for chico/tahoe/sac players.

im down. would be a lot better for the socal peeps if we picked a central cal locale though. just sayn...:rolleyes:

Yeah, I think we should settle on a Central CA location... and someplace with camping. If us SoCal peeps make it, we're probably gonna come for a weekend and will need somewhere either cheap or free to stay/camp.

I like the camping idea, and I am fine with going a little further south. What about New Hogan Dam? Need some suggestions for good central CA courses (since I have not played any).

The furthest south I have played is Pinto Lake in Watsonville, and De Laveaga would get my vote over Pinto. I agree that Shady Oaks and Golden Gate are usually too crowded.

I'm already starting to look at courses, camping, etc...

Should we get all crazy and get some discs stamped?

"First Annual DGCR West Coast Meet Up"? Tourney?

I think we need more than 9 posts to justify a custom stamp or tourney. :p

Lets get a location and a date settled first, then we can see how many can make it.

I was originally thinking northern California was centrally located on the west coast, but with no response yet from Oregon or Washington, I would go as far south as Monterey. I still think Santa Cruz or New Hogan Dam would be good options.

I played Ryan Ranch in Monterey recently - it's 27 holes, an excellent challenge, more-or-less central in the state ...

... also know a guy who's been playing up and down the central valley - he says there's some good courses there too (Fresno, Boogersfield, etc.) although frankly I prefer Monterey ... :D

So I guess we just need to pick a weekend. I say the 26th-27th of March or 2nd-3rd of April.

Somebody (not me) check the tourney schedule so we don't get there and find the course closed to public play.

Latest posts