• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

California trip up north from SoCal November 9-11

The plans for Sunday are DeLa, UC Santa Cruz ( we are getting a guide for the UC course by the person who runs it and last we have been invited to play Rose Ranch in Watsonville by the owner. So Sunday will include those three courses. If all goes well of course. Saturday at birds everyone is welcome. I asked Kaleb, the owner if we could do multiple groups if we get a large group of people And he said yes. For Friday I am now in thinking of playing McClatchy park that will be open by November 9th, auburn, silva acres if I get permission, hanging oaks and condon. This seems doable with such little drive time between courses.

For Saturday to make to the 11 o'clock tee time for birds I might just play Southern humboldt park in Garberville close by and then drive the short bit over to BOP. This should make for plenty of time and probably save me 160-180 miles for the overal trip. If your interest in meeting up with us at anytime please message me.

just got home from santa cruz.. played pinto and de la twice.. when are you goin to be in my neck of the woods.. auburn/grass valley/ penn valley

SKIP GARBERVILLE. Its garbage right now. It will not be any fun and feel like a waste of time. No one down there is giving it any love and not a lot of people are playing it. Super overgrown and in dire need of a re-design to eliminate some of the seriously poison oak ridden holes. I have been meaning to get some of the folks more local to that course together to work on that but just haven't found the time. Maybe spring. Who knows. If you want to play the curtain in the morning I might be down as it is now my home course...only a few minutes from my house. I will be heading down to BOP from up here in Arcata anyways...so...we'll see. As for the weather...just checked into an interesting site that I check out every now and again... it seems a little corny..and I have been skeptical for sure but its been surprisingly accurate. Anyways here is the link:
http://www.dryday.com/united-states/california/humboldt-county/miranda-30-day-weather-forecast/

They are calling for an extremely low chance of rain for the 10th. So maybe we will have beautiful weather for your trip to BOP.

KB

3 weeks out until I tee off for my last road trip of 2012. Why won't it come sooner.

your telling me i am choppin at the bit, i need to get outta wisco and back to the warmth of CALI

Argh, looks like rain at birds of paradise. Lets hope it blows out.

The ten day I just checked for Miranda shows 10% chance on the 10th....looking good? Things change quickly around here...we will just have to wait and see....
Looking like quite a few people will be out that day....fun times!
Anyone else wanting to head out let me know!

What's this weekend look like as far as the course being open for play ? One of my kids flew into SF yesterday.

Not gonna happen this weekend. Only so many disc golf credits :) Have been busy with DG 4 of the last 5 weekends....family time this weekend. The 10th for sure tho.

Not gonna happen this weekend. Only so many disc golf credits :) Have been busy with DG 4 of the last 5 weekends....family time this weekend. The 10th for sure tho.
No problema, I'll just send him to Stafford Lake. Judging from the pics and reviews,I'm sure he will love it !

Mando, send him to Napa Wilderness also. That's a pretty cool course. Nice little walk from the lot to the course. He could easily hit both in the same day.

Mando, send him to Napa Wilderness also. That's a pretty cool course. Nice little walk from the lot to the course. He could easily hit both in the same day.
Ha. He's only good for maybe 5 rounds a year. Cured from being a dg fanatic by dragging thousands of branches at a young age. I'm putting my money on a few holes at Stafford Lake and a trip to Moylan's Brewery.

Schedule looks like this:

Drive up on Thursday and get a motel/ hotel Thursday night somewhere near McCatchy park. The new 9 holer went in there recently. If it's possible we might try for a glo round Thursday night there. Then on November 9th we will attempt to play:

Auburn regional
Silva Acres
Condon
Hanging Oaks
Hammon Grove

We will play until it gets dark. If we get them all in cool, if not no worries. So we will probably play until 5:30pm. Drive time between courses is short so it's possible. Then we will drive to Arcata and stay at the motel 6 for the night.

Saturday the 10th we will play :

Humboldt University aka Redwood Curtain
Birds of Paradise aka BOP

Then we have a house to stay at in Santa Cruz ten minutes from DeLa, we will play the courses below on Sunday the 11th:

DeLa
UC Santa Cruz
Harbor High School
Rose Ranch

From there we will head back to SoCal once it's dark.

Damn

Ha. He's only good for maybe 5 rounds a year. Cured from being a dg fanatic by dragging thousands of branches at a young age. I'm putting my money on a few holes at Stafford Lake and a trip to Moylan's Brewery.

I guess you should have beat him more as a child. ;)

At that rate Stafford might be too much for him. Napa may be a beter option.

Napa can be discouraging with all the roll away potential.

At that rate Stafford might be too much for him. Napa may be a beter option.

Latest posts