• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

California trip up north from SoCal November 9-11

Chris,
Did you know that the Eureka KOA has a few baskets on site, but no actual course. I guess they cater to the person that likes to practice putting or play horse. Maybe you should add it as a practice course/ location? Just figured I would let you know.

Are you talking about the KOA between Eureka and Arcata?

P.S. There's also a practice course in Blue Lake, I haven't played it yet, that's why I haven't added it.

Is there a nine holer in Aptos? I have played the 18 holer at the high school that is pretty good and worth the trip.

Chris,
Did you know that the Eureka KOA has a few baskets on site, but no actual course. I guess they cater to the person that likes to practice putting or play horse. Maybe you should add it as a practice course/ location? Just figured I would let you know.

On a side note I just learned of two more courses in SoCal. I know one is good to go and playable, but the other is expose to call me back with the details about playing there. If you want details right away let me know or once I know I will post it.
My bad, I thought it was only a 9 holer?

Mystery Basket

I finally got the info together on the mystery basket I mentioned. Sorry it wasn't in time for your trip Lion, hope you had a blast tho.

There are two baskets visible from the road on the Northern side of Soquel Dr near Cunninson LN. I didn't mark the photo, but they are located in the field in the google maps pic. There is also a picture of the basket as you see it from the road.

Hope this helps, I'd love to play here if anyone knows about it.
I'd love to play here = I will buy you a disc if you can get me permission to play here. :hfive:

mysterybasket2.jpg

mystery basket.jpg

Based off my research and just looking and calling around I have stumbled upon 5-7 unlisted courses in the Santa cruz area/ surrounding area. Lots of research needs to be done now to see what these courses intail and if there open to the public, pay to play or whatever info I can get. Im working on a list and will post when I can.

How long will it 4 people to play the redwood curtain in Humboldt? I plan on playing it and birds of paradise in the same day and want to make sure I have ample time.

Ok, then I should be fine. All I plan on doing is playing the two and I will make sure we tee off between 6:30-7 in the morning.

Ok, then I should be fine. All I plan on doing is playing the two and I will make sure we tee off between 6:30-7 in the morning.

I think you should be alright just playing those 2. And I'm betting they will be the highlight of the vacation.

Im thinking of playing Condon, Hanging Oaks, and then driving to Oroville and playing the 2 18 holers there to complete Friday. Then driving to Eureka for the night.

Im thinking of playing Condon, Hanging Oaks, and then driving to Oroville and playing the 2 18 holers there to complete Friday. Then driving to Eureka for the night.

You're driving right past Hammon Grove on your way to Oroville. Really nice 9 holer and worth the stop.

Horible. Nasty. Rainy. With huricane force winds and earthquakes (usualy followed by tsunamis).

I could probably join you for Oroville. Keep us updated on the plan.

I will keep it updated, especially when I can get the ten day forecast of the area 10 days before the trip. Saturday is just 2 courses, but there 2 of the top ten in the state. So can't go wrong there. Sunday at DeLa, UC Santa Cruz, maybe 2 small 3-6 hole courses and a private 18 holer. Friday is the big mystery. I will lay out Friday next week once I see how this weekend goes.

ok cool so i got a update for the baskets i found on Soquel, straight from the delaveaga facebook page. We should start adding facebook page info on each course description. I hate facebook, but I would have never found the info without it...

Anyway anyone notice the 2 baskets in a Park off of Soquel Dr.?

Dave Thomas Yep. Checked those out last spring. They are Mach V's so...not ours.
September 26 at 11:32pm · Like..

Dolan McElmurry right, just found it a odd place for just 2 baskets, sure its a park. No tee Pad or signs at all, besides the Public Park signs
September 27 at 6:18am · Like..

Shasta Criss The county owns them.. they don't have the money to make it a park so they put in a couple of baskets. It was a way to keep the land for a future park.. so it looks like people are recreating there.
September 27 at 9:05am · Like · 2..

Dolan McElmurry Haha they don't have the money? Enough said...
September 27 at 10:27am via mobile · Like..

Dolan McElmurry well sure they are strapped for cash, but come on, they pay there rangers/etc and waste money right n left!(maybe sounds like a dolan rant!) haha
September 27 at 11:02am · Like..

Christine Houser During Masters Cup, I talked to the nice gentleman who addressed the county to put in baskets there. He is new to the sport and thought it would be the best use of that small property. It is a lesson to us avid players that in local politics, showing up is 90% of the battle.
September 27 at 1:52pm · Like · 1..

Dolan McElmurry my biggest grip with disc golf is seems that we don't get treated fairly...

Yup, it's a 2 hole practice course. You should list it on DGCR.

let me know when your up my way.. i can play auburn- grass valley- penn valley- silva's.. actually goin to play silva's tomorrow

Birds of Paradise will indeed be open on Nov. 10th. If anyone else is interested in tagging along let me know. Hoping to tee it up by 11. As Chris mentioned the weather is uncertain, but always ready to play golf regardless. Hoping for the best of course.

I am making my way back out to California then too i will be in the sacramento area and would love to do the Auburn run, Grass Valley and all those with you when i am out there. AS well as Birds

id say go play ryan ranch before u play the oaks. it a more well rounded course imho, and if you get to the oaks in the afternoon the wind is usually pretty wicked 20-30mph. shoot me a pm i can show you around RR or the oaks for that matter

Latest posts