• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

California trip up north from SoCal November 9-11

Sounds like you will be having a blast, good luck.

I suggest that on the 11th you consider just a Dela/Pinto Lake combo. K.I.S.S.

There are 9:00 AM dubz at Dela, and Pinto is an amazing finish for anyday.:cool:

You don't know lion's way of doing road trips if you think he would do that. He realy doesn't know how to take a mellow road trip. From what I've seen he goes full bore.

My Saturday at BOP is my relaxing day of golf. I guess I will play redwood curtain and then play it by ear. I just want to tee off at BOP by noon to ensure we finish. Sunday will be DeLa, and a few others, but no Pinto Lake. I have played pinto to many times before and it just doesn't interest me that much. To many open holes in the middle up top. I'm just hoping to get UC Santa Cruz, Harding ranch, and one other private course.

You're in for 1 heck of a day playing BOP. I still think it will blow your mind. As the golfer who has played the most courses in CA, I would really like to see how you think it ranks up to the other courses in CA.

Ive been spoiled this year with the courses I have played. Just made a tee time for phantom falls next year, yesterday. I'm hoping to get just one more golf trip in California next year to play humboldt. Hopefully the 2-3 courses I am hearing about are finished then and I can include them. It's a long way away still, 2 months, but I just want to lock everything in. If its raining or bad weather then I might deviate. If not I'm there as long as I get one other person to roll with.

And by the way I can't guide you around BOP without Caleb or Irish to open the gate. I don't have the code to get in.

have you ever played the capitola course lion/humchris? i always drive by on Soquel and see that lone basket. i was going to go snoop it out but idk if its private or not...

Where on Sequel? Isnt Sequel Dr. in the city of Soquel? I think Capitola is all on the other side of the Highway 1. You need to get me an address or better info. I dont have anything in my address book. Nate Doss is from Capitola and a few other pro's. I have played the new Bridge to Bridge but thats Santa Cruz. There is a proposal for Anna Jean Cummings park to get a disc golf course put in currently. Thats close by.

2.5 hours from BOP to Lake Sonoma. We'll have concrete tees by then. You only saw a small glimpse of that course. Should be awesome in november.

have you ever played the capitola course lion/humchris? i always drive by on Soquel and see that lone basket. i was going to go snoop it out but idk if its private or not...

Not sure about that one. I would definatly be interested in any info if it's private or whatever.

2.5 hours from BOP to Lake Sonoma. We'll have concrete tees by then. You only saw a small glimpse of that course. Should be awesome in november.

Peter, you might know this. Does the KOA in Cloverdale still exist. I figure at one point if I'm coming through that way to play Lake Sonoma, I might as well stop and knock Cloverdale off my list at the same time.

Last edited:
I called Coverdale in July and they said the baskets were pulled and they are redesigning a new course with at least 9 holes or more. I figured I would try back with them next year. I will try and make a map for lake sonoma tonight.

I added a map to the Lake Sonoma course.

I'll go up to the KOA and chat with them. They didn't have any clue about disc golf last time I went there, so hopefully they'll make a good decision and have an experienced designer work on the course.

Thanks for posting a map Lion! Here's a link to the 18 tee, 9 basket course. Feel free to edit the link you posted: http://goo.gl/maps/cbkp

Where on Sequel? Isnt Sequel Dr. in the city of Soquel? I think Capitola is all on the other side of the Highway 1. You need to get me an address or better info. I dont have anything in my address book. Nate Doss is from Capitola and a few other pro's. I have played the new Bridge to Bridge but thats Santa Cruz. There is a proposal for Anna Jean Cummings park to get a disc golf course put in currently. Thats close by.

I have seen a basket on the northern side of Soquel Between the Porter st exit and State Park Exit. I am new to the area so I cant say for sure what city/district it is. It may actually be the City of Soquel as you suggested, and my girlfriend insists it is before the college when heading south on Soquel Dr.

Ill pick up some beer in that neck of the woods tomorrow and see if i can't get some better info

So stoked for this trip!

I've done several road trips with Lion this year, and we've played several badass courses. I think we're both hoping to have B.O.P. blow our minds! ;)

So stoked for this trip!

I've done several road trips with Lion this year, and we've played several badass courses. I think we're both hoping to have B.O.P. blow our minds! ;)

I expect it will. Don't come expecting fancy amenities like concrete tee pads, come expecting great golf, and you will have the time of your lives.:hfive:

The only bummer I'm having is that everyone is finally deciding to come through and play, and I'm still all messed up from my accident last month and haven't been able to show people around on some of the great courses that we have here. :( Hopefully I will be feeling well enough by the time you guys come up here that I can at least walk you through the Redwood Curtain.

I know Cabrillo college gives a disc golf class, I wonder if they have there own course. Please investigate and let us know. I would love to check it out when Im there later this year. I will keep digging. I couldnt find it with google.

I have seen a basket on the northern side of Soquel Between the Porter st exit and State Park Exit. I am new to the area so I cant say for sure what city/district it is. It may actually be the City of Soquel as you suggested, and my girlfriend insists it is before the college when heading south on Soquel Dr.

Ill pick up some beer in that neck of the woods tomorrow and see if i can't get some better info

I expect it will. Don't come expecting fancy amenities like concrete tee pads, come expecting great golf, and you will have the time of your lives.:hfive:

The only bummer I'm having is that everyone is finally deciding to come through and play, and I'm still all messed up from my accident last month and haven't been able to show people around on some of the great courses that we have here. :( Hopefully I will be feeling well enough by the time you guys come up here that I can at least walk you through the Redwood Curtain.
Could you be talking about the course in Aptos (9 holer)? That town is right on top of Capitola....just a thought?

Is there a nine holer in Aptos? I have played the 18 holer at the high school that is pretty good and worth the trip.

Chris,
Did you know that the Eureka KOA has a few baskets on site, but no actual course. I guess they cater to the person that likes to practice putting or play horse. Maybe you should add it as a practice course/ location? Just figured I would let you know.

On a side note I just learned of two more courses in SoCal. I know one is good to go and playable, but the other is expose to call me back with the details about playing there. If you want details right away let me know or once I know I will post it.

Latest posts