• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SoCal DGCR Meet-Up

How confident are you in attending?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know with Casitas the nice sites fill up pretty quickly for Spring.

I wish Zenny was on so I could ask him about the best options for us for camping at Casitas.

Peeps with Camping @ Casitas experience, let your voice be heard!!!

I've camped there, nice enough toilets, nice enough showers (Need Quarters!), I think the store is closed now, permenantly.... Several campsites right on the course, campground "M" or Mallard I think.... We didn't get hassled for noise or excessive drinking! Can't even touch the lake, NO SWIMMING, and NO fishing after sunset.... Cool R/C plane landing strip, can watch r/c planes all day. Awesome weather! Decent sized sites... Anything else you need to know? Zen is the resident, he could elaborate.

I feel like we're getting settled...
March 25-27, Casitas

If that's the case, I can get serious about getting all the logistics (food, transport, fee collecting, events, discs, dyes, etc) worked out!

Official announcement to come shortly, or at least after I talk to the Esteemed Casitas Ambassador, Uncle Zenny.

I gotta go to work but should be able to get back on this after 10pm tonight. Maybe Zenbot can come in here and let us know about the other sites.

Is "M" the only cool one? Where we can "let loose"?

Typically in the Spring everything gets filled pretty quickly. There is a group campsite but the cost breakdown isn't any better and people would have to hike about a mile to get to the course.

Group is the one next to the showers isn't it?
If you look at the map:

M is on the left next to the course. I is also next to the course but it's really set up for RVs and not tent camping. K and O are also options. The closest group camp is Lake Side.

609734817CasitasCampgroundMap.jpg

First off props to jimbo for the great idea.
Splitting the event is obviously the way to go just because of California geography and terrain. I live in Sacramento and have driven south on many occasions not much fun. The midwesterners that commented really have no idea. Illinois(my home state) is very easy to drive around, Cali is not. Toney's sounds awesome. New Hogan and Finnon sound like really good options for the Nocal event too. The problem with them is the distance to any other courses. Hanging Oaks and Condon are real close to each other so they'd be good. Anybody know when Peregrine Park in Chico is supposed to open? And it should be noted that Shady Oaks has a St. Patty's Day tournament every year so the event should be scheduled after that. Either way I'm down for the Nocal and am disappointed I won't be able to make it to Casitas for the Socal one. We should try to get a 3rd event going in the Santa Cruz/Monterey area lots of good courses and I'm sure it would draw a good mix of Nocalers and Socalers.

Latest posts