• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SoCal DGCR Meet-Up

How confident are you in attending?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At first Visalia looks like a good option because it is centrally located and there are 2 courses. But then it's a pain in the butt to get to for both SoCal and NorCal.

I'm in favor of 2 separate meet ups.

Lake Casitas anyone?

So, I messaged almost everyone from CA (non-active members not included) a link to this thread... probably around 325 members.

"SoCal and NoCal meet up separately" has a one vote lead...

I have only played La Mirada down south. Always stop there on my way to AZ. It would be nice to make it a weekend thing and hit up a couple of courses a day.

Remember people, just because North and South Cali meet up seperately doesn't mean you can't go to both!

This is very true. The idea for splitting the state up is based solely on geography. But anyone is gonna be welcome at one of these meetups. I perhaps made a mistake in phrasing the poll. It should read: have one event, or have two. I'm in favor of two simply because more is better, will give more people the chance to meet up, and perhaps we could even get match play going in the future. Who knows?

At first I was for one group meet-up, but seeing as even talking about making a decision has stalled us out it may be more logical to try two slightly smaller meets. Once we successfully pull those off we could talk about a bigger project.

Alright NorCal - where we goin? NorNorCal's woods or SoNorCal's beaches? :D

I actually believe if you go to two meet-ups they might actually be larger, than if we have just one. People will be more apt to go if they don't have to drive super far. Some people will go to both meetups.

It's a win/win situation.

Finnon would be awesome u got the cafe(food,drink and alcohol) right across the lake from the camping and u can jump right on hole 12 right next to the camp ground..... with that said i am in for sure!!!!!

P.S. i voted for two meet-ups hope they are on different weekends so i can go to both......

If the OR guys set one up I would be interested for sure. I went to Beavertown with my girlfriend and only got to play Lunchtime. I missed out on some good courses!

At this point it looks like the votes to split this up are winning.

If you're nominating me to plan an event for just the northstate, Toney's Mountain Golf would be my first choice. And sometime between June and August so we can be sure to have good weather.

Well, it does look like two meets is gonna be the deal....
And yes, I officially nominate jimbo to be the NorCal representative/decider!

Latest posts