• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Socal to Junior Worlds and back. 13-15 states

lion

I'm feeling frisky.
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I just signed up my son to compete in MJ12 in Peoria IL. Due to cost we will be driving out and back. I plan to play in at least a dozen states and have my boy play in as many new states as possible. Its going to be a 2 week journey. lots to figure out. July 6th to the 19th.

Route going to Worlds has me taking I-15 free north from southern California, through Las Vegas and into Utah. From there I will jump on the I-70 cutting through the middle of Utah, then the Rockies to Denver. From Denver I will jump on the I-76 north into Nebraska where it will turn into I-80. From there I will drive across Nebraska and Iowa and into Illinois.

booked rooms for this venture.

Route home is looking like Illinois to Missouri to Kansas to Oklahoma, to Texas, to New Mexico, to Arizona, and back to Socal.

not sure if I could flex an additional state or day in. trying to figure that all out right now.

starts tonight, driving a few hours tonight and then playing in Utah and Colorado tomorrow.

wow. My brother and his friend are roadtripping from texas to same tourney. They are not taking as long as you are lol

Trips over.

My son took 3rd at worlds in MJ12

We played 27 courses on the trip.

Played in 11 states

Drove 4352 miles

No aces, 3 metal hits

1 foot fault called

Great experience