• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sometimes you have to let go of your dream.

ricco2623

A few years ago I posted about my efforts to build a private course using homemade baskets, and received many nice comments on my endeavor. Sadly I have come to realize that I can no longer try and keep up with the work needed and/or put in an additional nine hole. I had hoped to build up some local interest and perhaps introduce new players to the game and with their help form a club and with their help finish my project. But it did not happen and I was like "the Little Red Hen" and quickly found out just how much work goes into a course.

To complicate matters more I was having severe knee pain that was diagnosed as osteoarthritis of the hip, (took me a while to believe that your hip could cause this much pain in my knee). I now take medication and have had a joint injection but I am quickly approaching the reality of a hip replacement. So with those factors weighed and the fact that my course was growing over, I have decided to give my baskets and the remaining material to the person who donated me all the chains in the first place. It is my wish that he is able to put in a course somewhere in North MS that one day I can play, health permitting.

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement and well wishes that I first received and I regret that I could not see this through. If anyone knows how to remove a course from the site I would be grateful. The courses name was Deer Trail located near Ripley MS. Thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out. Kudos on chasing the dream in the first place though. It goes to show how so many of us take for granted having a well-maintained course.

Condolences, from another private course owner.

There's a "Contact Us" in the header, and I'm pretty sure that's how you list a course "extinct".