• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

good - I figured out what was causing me to turn everything over (arm to far away from my body) and now I am throwing straight again! For some reason I don't seem to be throwing as far as I did when I turned everything over though which is kind of a bummer but I will gladly lose 30 feet to throw straight.

good - I won the college division of our league tonight and got a new personal course record and won a free disc. Hooray!

good - I am looking forward to an upcoming tournament in 2 weeks!

good- I even putted good today.

Overall today was good.

good: hit an ace today

Bad: injured my thumb on the way to the course to play.

ugly the throw that aced hurt my thumb worse. may be broken, it hurts to push the space bar now.

Good: Shot my new personal best at my home course, +1 at Veterans

Bad: Area right above my bicep has been real sore whenever I move it the wrong way ever since that day

Ugly: Left my go-to SOLF on the course somewhere at Bear Creek :( no number on it

stormcsut said:
Ugly: Left my go-to SOLF on the course somewhere at Bear Creek :( no number on it

I lost mine this week when my group decided to play ahead an not help me look. oh well. I will learn to love a different SOLF now

Good - I am running a local tournament tomorrow. I have a temporary 12 hole layout that is going to be sweet, and the permanent 9 holer that I designed which was installed this spring. I have been getting some calls from people asking about details so there is some interest in this area which is pretty new to disc golf.

Bad - The forecast for tomorrow is rain all day long

Ugly - my back went out on Wednesday and I can barely walk without excruciating pain. I definitely won't be able to play in the tournament, but at least I'lll have time now to run everything.

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:16 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lost mine this week when my group decided to play ahead an not help me look. oh well. I will learn to love a different SOLF now

that is one of my biggest pet peeves!

Good: We played 81 holes (4.5 rounds) of RIPT: REVENGE yesterday(11:30-12:30, lunch, 1:15-7:15ish). It was so much fun it was ridiculous.

Bad: Nothing really, besides my putting.

Ugly: my legs. I climbed 2 trees in shorts, plus the countless berry bush ventures.

Bad/Ugly: My bag, discs, keys, phone, wallet, etc. was just stolen by some local hooligans. WTF?

Jager said:
Bad/Ugly: My bag, discs, keys, phone, wallet, etc. was just stolen by some local hooligans. WTF?

...im sorry man...that just sux

Good-hit the number 9 basket 3 times today dumping the bag.

Bad-Lost the Champion Banshee I got off here first throw out over the weekend at the new Powderhorn DG course....

Ugly-First basket hit was a thumber shot that crashed the chains and bounced out. Thats the second time in 2 weeks Ive had a ace crash back out.

Good: Got the missus out on the course. A little anniversary present to me!
Better: I was on fire with the long putts! Just nuts from 20+. Posted a personal best of +3 on the front nine.
Bad: Didn't get her throwing......yet.
Ugly: Reverted to my usual form and posted a +17 on the back nine. Why, oh why do I sucketh so?

Good: Finished 2nd in Advanced at the Rosedale Amateur Championships in KC. Beat all of my freinds, played the best on the top card.

Ugly: Only shot -1 2nd round. Got beat by a guy who shot a 44 (-11) on the card ahead of me, and lost by 8 strokes.

Furthur said:
Good: Finished 2nd in Advanced at the Rosedale Amateur Championships in KC.
Good job! that 44 would have been hard to beat. To bad you guys didn't play down under, Love that course, In my top 5 faves for sure. It's starting to fall apart though. :cry:

Anakha said:
Furthur said:
Good: Finished 2nd in Advanced at the Rosedale Amateur Championships in KC.
Good job! that 44 would have been hard to beat. To bad you guys didn't play down under, Love that course, In my top 5 faves for sure. It's starting to fall apart though. :cry:

We do have winter doubles league down there starting later this month on Saturday. 12:30 I think, if you're interested....

There's going to be a lot of work done to that couse, because I'm told Advanced will play it for the 09 worlds.

Twmccoy, did you go diving in Expo Park Lake ? i had to go in a few weeks back to get a golden retriever string and disc that went in before it. That water is nasty but once i got out i started thinking about going back in for discs. I'm sure there are tons down there. congrats on the 45! Sorry it wasn't what you were looking for though. Lots of names and numbers or blank ones ? I'm sure you found a few of mine if you were in Expo but there are your now if you did..

...Damn hole #2.

Good: Hit the pole on #2 Cedar Hills.
Bad: Missed the birdie putt.
Ugly: The three other birdie putts I missed.

I am so close to a hole in one I can taste it.