• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

Good: Played seeded doubles last night. We split our doubles groups into two pools based on our KC ratings (which is the same formula as the pdga rating, but applied to our local events and leagues). Last month, I was at the bottom of the A Pool. This month, at the top of the B.

Better: Got paired up with Caleb, a guy with advanced / pro power and intermediate consistency.

Best: Caleb was having a great night. I contributed a little, but he got us some serious bonus birdies with some monster drives.

Good Most of the muscle soreness from 5 straight days of max D driving practice has gone away and I hit the course today. I birdied 2 holes that had previously been out of my driving range and got within 100 feet of a 725 foot hole in 2 shots.
Thank you Bradley Walker and Geoloseth for your wrist extesion research!

Bad My putting, still. Keep getting psyched out that I'm going to throw a weak crappy putt, then I prove myself right. What will it take for me to get some confidence?

Ugly Didn't birdie a single short hole. Time for some accuracy practice and getting better at throwing my slower discs with wrist extension.

Beetard said:
What will it take for me to get some confidence?

Long term success in executing all the shots. Knowing it's routine and you've done it hundreds of times at close to 100 % success rate helps immensely. You just need to practice a lot. It'll come in time as long as your form and power generation and grip are good enough. They don't have to be perfect. Good solid form in each area is enough for 20' putts for example.

The good Played Mt Airy today. Shot a 66 and a 64, my two best scores there yet. Not a single birdie, but quite a few 3's. Now I'm driving far enough that I have a shot at an easy 3 on some long holes if I don't mess up (which I did, a lot. Could have been in the upper 50's if I didn't make so many mistakes)

The bad Arrr, me upshots, matey. That's odd too. Usually I am right on with those and take tap in 3's. Today I had to work for them.

The ugly These stupidass popups on my computer that keep interrupting me while I'm typing. No I don't want to renew my virus protection, I don't want a Java update. I don't want the latest version of Ipod. Screw off!

Beetard said:
The ugly These stupidass popups on my computer that keep interrupting me while I'm typing. No I don't want to renew my virus protection, I don't want a Java update. I don't want the latest version of Ipod. Screw off!

sounds like you need a mac.

Furthur said:
Beetard said:

sounds like you need a mac.

Or the latest version of Ipod.

good: placed 3rd in a C tier today. advanced. had the hot round in round 2.

bad: the only thing that sucked is that two people that i normally beat finished 1 and 2. i like these guys so i was happy for them, but it would have been nice if those two guys didn't have a freakishly good day (like me) so i could have won my first sanctioned tournament. i was only 2 strokes off of first and i missed 2 10ft putts. :roll:

Nothing bad or ugly this time around :D

GREAT: Finally got my first Advanced division win at the 1st TitleDisc Open in Rockwall, TX (beautiful Houck course)!! Came back from a 4 stroke defecit with a 1002 rated 2nd round round and won by a stroke! Ended up with a fat stack of discs ($140 worth) and the satisfaction of knowing that all my practice is paying off.

I've been working on my mental game this past month (doing some light meditation / breathing exercises before and between rounds, and other things...), and I feel I've gained a LOT of control over my attitude on the course. Never got mad on missed putts, was able to hold my focus for a lot longer than before...generally just more mentally stable during the ups and downs of a round.

I would have taken last cash in Open, so I'm moving up!

Good: i was throwing a consistent 300' yesterday
Bad:i shot a 181 for the day. +49
Ugly: Bombed the first round w/ 30 over. there goes my rating that round was 607 rated. was gonna be 780 rated. now ill be lucky to make 710

Good: It's Monday, which equals Double League.

Better: Tied for 1st in an Ace Race tourney over the weekend. Two throws per hole w/ two rounds. 1st throw at 1st hole of 1st round hits the pole. 2nd throw goes right in! Only ace until someone hits hole 17 during the 2nd round.

Bad: Sunburn and the sweet sunglasses tan/burn I recieved over the weekend.

Ugly: Rosie O'Donnel.

pd

Da Good - Just shot my best round ever at Sylmar - 49 <-5>

Da Bad - missed 3 birdie putts

Da Ugly - Drive on 8 that caused the only bogey of the round

Good- hit an ace(Oak Grove, hole 3 alternate) yesterday, 1st backhand ace ever for me, 7th overall.

Bad- RAIN

Ugly- More rain...it just won't quit here.

RustyP said:
Nothing bad or ugly this time around :D

GREAT: Finally got my first Advanced division win at the 1st TitleDisc Open in Rockwall, TX (beautiful Houck course)!! Came back from a 4 stroke defecit with a 1002 rated 2nd round round and won by a stroke! Ended up with a fat stack of discs ($140 worth) and the satisfaction of knowing that all my practice is paying off.

I've been working on my mental game this past month (doing some light meditation / breathing exercises before and between rounds, and other things...), and I feel I've gained a LOT of control over my attitude on the course. Never got mad on missed putts, was able to hold my focus for a lot longer than before...generally just more mentally stable during the ups and downs of a round.

I would have taken last cash in Open, so I'm moving up!

Way to go. I'm glad someone beat damien. He's been walking around the lake park like he owns the place ever since his -8 during the weekly. J/k. I heard you had a pretty good last round to take the win from the leader card. Good luck with the open division. Are you playing in the Waco charity open?

The Good: Played in my first tournament yesterday, all in all a great experience.

The UGLY:

After shooting even for the first round of a local tournament, I totally melted down in the second.

Ended up tied for third in Novice, and proceeded to lose after 11 holes of playoff.

The Good: I am going to play this afternoon and try my new putter on the course. It kicked major ass at the practice field yesterday.

The great: The wife is out of town till Wednesday. I think it might be time to throw a party! :D

Just kidding. She left this morning and I already miss her. :(

Shaolintrained said:
^Eleven holes of playoffs, now that sounds exciting. I usually never play more than three.

After like 6 holes we were both like "What the Fuck"

everybody waiting thought we disappeared or something, as we went to the back side of the course.

It was a knock down drag out war, and I lost on a 15-20 foot birdie putt, oh well, I got my money's worth!

Good: Threw a 260 foot thumber yesterday...my furthest ever!

Bad: The above thumber was 50 feet past the pin :roll:

Ugly: Shot 8 strokes worse yesterday than I did on the same course less than a week before

sleepy

Latest posts