• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Southeast Mid Atlantic meet up

Where would you prefer?

• Idlewild, Burlington, KY

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • The Woodshed, Paw Paw WV

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Holler in the Hill, Brownsville, KY

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Ashe Park, Jefferson, NC

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Lincoln Ridge Park Independence, KY

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • New Quarter Park Williamsburg, VA

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Winthrop Gold Course Rock Hill, SC

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Richmond Hill Asheville, NC

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters

jkdisc

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I am listing the top 7 courses of 2009 in the southeast/midatlantic for the poll, other suggestions are encouraged!

I voted Ashe, but wouldn't argue about the Charlotte area or Paw, Paw. I am getting old and slow so I want a decent hotel nearby. If I have to sleep on the ground for 2 days I will only be able to throw around 150'. I need all the help I can get. I know a guy with a cabin near Ashe so I am a little biased there.

Ashe Park or Richmond Hill would be cool. I could probably pull one of those off. I'm not a fan of playing at Winthrop, though.

Woodshed... just an hour from me. And don't forget the nearly as well rated Whippin' Post on the same property.

Someone bring the banjo's and shine.

Here's a picture taken from in the "Clubhouse"... a 100 year old barn. And there is a raggedy old set of drums lying in pieces to bang on already there.

picture.php

We were thinking about going to Williamsburg this summer anyways but I don't know if we will now (wife was laid off last week).

NC is close to GA so we could definitely do that.

all those ky courses are too far away. i wouldn't include kentucky in the southern mid atlantic area. paw paw would get my vote followed by hawk hollow (not listed due to insufficient number of reviews). paw paw has 2 top courses on site and HH has the grange close by which has 2 more highly rated courses as well as tiki. imo private courses are better for this sort of thing.

Richmond Hill in Ashville NC is the leader right now, also a decent location for a centralized Southeast spot... i will start looking into this spot more now

I'll put in my vote for Hawk Hollow and the grange, makes one heck of a combo for a weekend of DG. Second runner up tie between paw paw and NC

I like the sound of Richmond Hill, I'm always game to play there. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Appling/Augusta. PDGA Headquarters,3 courses, camping, and a proshop.

if you havent noticed yet, Hawk Hollow will be a site in october.

I'm down for Ashe County or Richmond Hills. Good luck on trying to play Winthrop Gold at any other time of the year but the week of USDGC.

Latest posts